Opensubtitles error

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Stavros, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Stavros

Stavros New Member

Hello to everyone,

Hope you are all well.

I have one question i see that every time that i download a sub a message appear.
    As i see its that opensubtitles have change policy with accounts.
    Many said that if you change api from .org to .com fixes the problem to other machines.
    Is it possible to come a new firmware or someone face the same problem and how to manage to fix it?
    Because its a feature very helpful for me and one of the features that i use most.

Thanks in advance.

Telectricity likes this.
  2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If you have older player X9S you will need newer Home Theatre app or you have to wait for firmware update.

Check mcbluna.net for tutorials on upgrading HT from other player’s firmware.

3. Stavros

Stavros New Member

Thanks for your fast response.

I have put home theater v.4.2.69 mcbluna but i have the same results. Does it work to you?

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I have newer model Z9X with firmware v6.4.65 from Dec. 07, 2023. It has v4.2.67 of Home Theater app and subtitles work for me. Check with @McBluna what works and what doesn't.

5. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

HT4 v4.1.91 (2022-04-12) added dependency to Java 7 what is not available for Android 6 (Java 6). Latest working HT4 for X9S is v4.1.88 from X9S firmware v2.1.45 2022-04-08.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Thanks @McBluna for the explanation. I sold my old X9S some time ago in favour of Z9X to get HDR support on my old HD projector.

It’s good to know for the record and everyone else who has older Zidoo players.

7. Stavros

Stavros New Member

Hello to everyone.

Thanks both of you for the fast response.
    I have put firmware and ht4 but the problem exist.
    I dont know because probably i am a newbie.
    Do i need to change something, i have put greek language and every time i download subs a message appear

Become opensubtitles.org vip member to get subtitles-> osdb.link/vip

And when i check again i see them as danish

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't think it's going to work for you according to McBluna. He is saying that "Latest working HT4 for X9S is v4.1.88 from April of 2022". You need v4.2.67 or very close to it from the end of 2023.

The root issue is in old operating system losing support.