Openelec

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by cobra78, Feb 8, 2016.

1. cobra78

cobra78 Member

2. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

I do use openElec, but it will stop you from using all other "android" apps!

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

You use openElec on X6?
    If yes, how have you installed it?

TIA!

4. cobra78

cobra78 Member

I think a lot of users will be interested in running Openelec even if they loose Android.
    The RK3368 chip can also dual-boot Android & Linux, so dual-boot Android/Openelec is a possibility.
    The most popular way to use Openelec is with an AMLogic S805/S812 at the moment but they are much slower than Zidoo X6 and don't support proper 4K video playback.

If Zidoo can sponsor a skilled Openelec developer(maybe on Openelec forum or Freaktab forum in AMLogic section) a Zidoo X6 & maybe some financial support, I think Openelec support will come much sooner. Zidoo can also do everything themselves as they already have skilled engineers & all the source code & support from Rockchip which an outside developer might need and don't have.

5. cyber7

OK, I just can not understand the logic in running OpenElec and loosing android support.

If I can be a bit more factual, as I have done some development and technical writing for OpenElec and love the product:
    • OpenElec is geared towards a scaled-down environment.
    • OpenElec is Kodi, just an EARLIER release.
    • OpenElec works out the box (sometimes).
    • Problems is Kodi will also be in OpenElec (specially generic ones)
    • Zidoo is the best at getting the custom Kodi running on the X6 developed, bugged and fixed.
    I personally would not like to loose the Android ability of the box, as I run on various OpenElec platforms and the system is sometimes buggy, to say the least.

I would, however, suggest a new name for Kodi running on Zidoo to distinguish the difference between a customized Kodi and Kodi itself. BUT, this is for the developers/owners of Zidoo to decide!

(Maybe something like ZiKoDoo? :)

cyber7-out

Paulo Correia likes this.
  6. cyber7

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

ZiKo ZiKo Doo, Where are you
    We've got some work to do now

ZiKo ZiKo Doo, Where are you
    We need some help from you now

upload_2016-2-8_14-46-42.png