One more chance to be heard

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by dennys84, Jan 13, 2017.

1. dennys84

dennys84 Member

Hi guys, It looks like developers abandoned this community, celebrating new year or just dont care. There is an "Online" button on this page http://www.zidoo.tv/About/index.html, which is actually a skype link to someone called Wings Wang. I wrote a message to him, unfortunately no answer yet, but i suggest all of you do the same, if we want to move things from the dead point. Do all that we can.
    Besides that, you can read there about gorgeous young team, which is making world class products...

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You must be new here. Dead point ? Zidoo is doing more then OK pushing firmwares. Problem is withe the fixes in them actualy working. Some of them are ok. Some of them brake more things then they fix.

The beta forum is somewhat active. The test skype group is somewhat activ. Not sure of that skype id you mentioned. never used it.

3. dennys84

dennys84 Member

Thanx for reply. Yeah i am new here, but i am not new to this life. And i tell you what (and would be great if you retell this to zidoo people with active skype accounts).
    If i do my job like this - "here is ok, here is not", without thinking of consequences, i would be fired immediately. Thats what i call responsibility.
    Now we are not speaking about something abstract or imaginary. Its simple thing and i am tired to repeat it: You dont have a moral and commercial rights to release a product that don't correspond to declared functions.
    And now we are all trapped in this stupid situation, must begging for new fixes and firmwares just to do that we wanted initially. And what from another side? silence. No support, no replies, no appologize. Even skype account on official site is dead. Why? Worldwide companies has its hotline. I can call for example to Sony at 11 p.m, no problem. OpenSource projects has wide community with own enthusiasts. What we have here? This community full of complains, bug-reports and how-to's for beginners. 4PDA - russian forum, just collects its own list of bugs to translate it here. No solutions. Just same complaining and disappointment.
    Saying more correctly - may be zidoo is less crappy then other crap on market.
    But why not try to be better? If they failed on start (they DID failed) just make a dialog with users, hear they needs and do the job responsibly and skilfully.
    Thats my point and the solution i see.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Hoa Tran likes this.
  4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Its a little more complicated then that. What you are trying to do here will take years :) thats how china works. The language barrier is real. I seen this with other companies. they talk in english. but they don't understand english. At the end of the day. They will do what they think its good.
    Sometimes i don't understand it either. They releas fix X, we test fix X, we report " fix X is not working" and we still end up with fix X in the final version.
    Still, i think zidoo is on the right track, that's why i'm still here, they are far from perfect,but they are better then other EU companyes i have seen. And for a chinese company, that's not a small task.

yrxe likes this.
  5. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I will agree with dennys84. x9s is based on a SoC that should have been tested a lot more before releasing the product in the market. I understand they wanted to be the first to do so but this is from a marketing point of view. As buyers though, we expect the product we buy to work out of the box. Minors problems and glitches occur with most hardware devices but with x9s I feel more than ever as a guinea pig. Mind you, the first machine connected to a TV was a woody VCS in early 80's so yes, I have had great amount of consoles, home computers and media players passing from my hands.

However, I must say that Zidoo is one of the best Chinese companies. It may sound scary but they are. Others release a product and that's it, no support, no firmware. What I hope for x9s is at least to have progress with the important issues and slowly solve the minor ones and at the same time, support their product with updates in ZDMC and even android. This is not a cheap machine and deserves some dedication from Zidoo for at least 2-3 years.

Personally I reported 2-3 issues, made log files, uploaded samples, never got an answer. All kind of issues like NFS issue, file dropping frames in ZDMC, OpenWRT and ext SD card share issue, no answer. I don't demand to sort issues right away, maybe have an answer or an indication as to what is causing these. As a software engineer myself, I am willing to help as much as I can because I understand the difficulties they are running to.