Nvidia shield or Xiaomi mi box?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by frank001, Aug 1, 2017.

?

Which Box is best?

1. Nvidia Shield

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Xiaomi Mi Box

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Zidoo x6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. frank001

frank001 New Member

Like everyone I fell for the false advertising but its time to accept that Zidoo is dead.

The question is which is best Nvidia shield or Xiaomi Mi Box?

I am thinking about purchasing the Nvidia shield because it seems to have a lot of support from the developers and updates (opposite of Zidoo).

Does anyone have any feedback on the Xiaomi Mi box?

2. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

I have both a Shield and the latest Mi Box. The Mi Box is decent, but it is definitely midrange, it gets the job done but it does struggle at times. The Shield is something else altogether, it's just a beast in EVERY way. The processor, the wifi antenna, the support, the updates (Shield is already at Nougat, the latest Mi Box is still at Marshmallow with Nougat "reportedly" on the way). Further, it handles anything you throw at it pretty effortlessly, including 4k material. The Mi Box does support 4K but it is definitely not at the same level the Shield is at.
    Of course, we're comparing a $70 USD product to a $200 USD product so those differences are to be expected. Not to mention the Shield is definitely the absolute top of the line currently as far as Android boxes go.
    If you're willing to drop the money, then definitely go with the Shield. If not, the Mi Box will do in a pinch.
    As for Zidoo, I'm done with them. I have a business and used to sell them and promote them like crazy but they have definitely lost me now.

nice159 likes this.
  3. Paulus

Paulus Member

Nvidia Shield TV forever !
    But if you use the box just only like a "TV box" (not using all the Nvidia features) also MI Box could be fine, considering the "slightly different price" :)
    By the way, Nvidia is the best in every field (HW, support, features ....).
    Go for it |

nice159 likes this.