Not play DivX SD video

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by DenisDA, Oct 10, 2016.

1. DenisDA

DenisDA Member Beta test group

I start play video, DivX 5 codec. Played only ZDMC with DVDPlyaer. Zidoo player - error opening:
    Screenshot_20161010-214020.png
    MediaInfo video:
    Complete name : H:\video\Сердце Ангела\SERDCHE ANGELA 2.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 749 MiB
    Duration : 50 min 19 s
    Overall bit rate : 2 081 kb/s
    Movie name : SERDCHE_ANGELA_A_Title3

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Simple@L1
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : DX50
    Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
    Bit rate : 1 941 kb/s
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 406 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.266
    Stream size : 699 MiB (93%)
    Writing library : Lavc54.23.100

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 46.1 MiB (6%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 26 ms (0.65 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 522 ms
    Writing library : LAME3.99.5

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Can confirm. I also tryed a old divx video. did not play in native or zdmc, Did play with MX video player.

3. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

Media center don't play old divx, ZDMC works. WHy?!?? can fix with next firmware?

4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Yes, I can also confirm that media centre cannot play DIVX files. What makes matter worse is that with "repeat all" option enabled, X9S cannot respond to the remote control because media centre consumes all the resources by too busy loading the next unplayable file in a loop with a folder full DIVX files, only option is to switch off power. Please add an option to stop "repeat all" at the end of the folder.

Thanks

5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

In my mind, a player that is unable to play a file, must show a message (better if useful) and stop, not looping to next file. Never.
    My 2 cents...

6. Lony

Lony Active Member

Zidoo X8, X9s or RTD1295 does not support DivX 4, 5, 6 .
    Read Specs please.

7. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

People usually look for support on the latest video formats to stay current with today's evolving world, rarely give old video format a thought until they play back their old collections of dramas, movies and family videos. Even though old format are not supported by hardware, the media player should have a fall back mode to play them in software which should not be CPU intensive for smooth playing.

8. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

ooh... if I had known I would not have bought. thanks for the answer.

9. tz0616new

tz0616new Member

10. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

The Eweat R9 looks attractive to me, because of the connection ports are on the left side of the box. However, I don't see a forum on their website, and the last firmware release was back in July of 2016, almost as though you are buying as is in the dark.

Other than the Anywhere 2 bluetooth mouse issue, I am happy with the X9S, and ready to buy the X8 with the connection ports on the left side of the box as soon as I see the Anywhere 2 mouse fix on the X9S

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  11. Lony

Lony Active Member

The Spec Infos from Aliexpress are nonsens, i have a R9 Plus and a R9 Normal, and both Players don`t play DivX Files. Please look at EWEAT Website, thxs.

12. Lony

Lony Active Member

Which Firmware did you hav see ????????????? All Firmware Updates for R9 Modells com over OTA !!!!!

13. tz0616new

tz0616new Member

It looks like Realtek 1195 chipset also has the same problem--can not play divx 4,5,6. I have a Mele X1000 4K player (RTK1195) which can not play
    .avi file with divx4,5,6 decoding. Seems that this is a hardware issue for Realtek 1195, 1295. Don't know whether other chipset is better?

14. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I don't own any eweat boxes, so I did not pay any attention other than the firmware date they listed on their website. If they release their FW over OTA, thats great!! But it doesn't give me any idea what issues they have, what's being fixed, and how often they release the FW for fixes. As I said, they have no forums to shed light on how dependable their boxes are, to me, that's is a dark box that cost over $100 that I rather save a few more dollars for a 40" 4K TV.....Seiki 4K 42" is now $229