Not Good

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by Passerbyeus, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Passerbyeus

Passerbyeus New Member

I got this X1 box in yesterday and I paid 40 and it's not worth 10. Very disappointed being I own 2 other boxes from different companies and this is the worst one. The remote has no play or stop buttons, you constantly have to switch from mouse pointer to scroller to navigate. I had to reinstall apps just to get them to start. It's not that fast. Playing Netflix on it is just horrible trying to even selete a movie to play. The time on home screen will not come out of army time. These things are just day 1 with the X1

2. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

What are the other two boxes that you are comparing the X1 to and what is their general retail value?

The remote does not have a dedicated stop button but it does have pause and resume, which is essentially play once you have selected a file to play within whatever app you use.

The switch between mouse pointer to scroller is not unusual with most remotes on these kinds of boxes.

I have 4 others that are essentially the same, which is why I always opt for wireless mouse/keyboard combos as it's much easier.

What apps did you have to reinstall to get them to start as I didn't find any that would not load?

You would not expect the four ARM Cortex-A7 CPU cores and Mali 400 to be blazingly fast anyway as the H3 SOC is designed for the lower end of the market.

3. Passerbyeus

Passerbyeus New Member

Sorry I did not go into more detail, I am looking at an average consumer point of view with plug and play. For the price tag it should not be a novelty item.

4. xenon

xenon New Member

1.For any kind of PRO use,must to have is Air mouse not remote.
    2.X1 is the fastest Allwinner H3 device,Netflix do not have nothing with cpu speed but it have a lot with Wi-Fi and Lan speed.You watch netflix via wi-fi or Lan?

5. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Fair point.

I guess it is is aimed at the person that wants to open, plug in and expect it to work in most areas.

6. Passerbyeus

Passerbyeus New Member

It's not the play back of Netflix its the navigation while in Netflix trying to select a movie is not good. I think the biggest issue of the whole thing is the ease of use. Selecting things while in apps or the web browser having to always switch from the mouse feature then back constantly. I do understand having keyboard but when your trying to relax, you just want things to work simple with a simple remote like a TV does.

7. xenon

xenon New Member

Once more,get an Pro air mouse if you want perfect control.IR remotes cost 1 or 3 usd and you can not expect wonders from them.
    All android firmwares for TV-Boxes are made for mobile phones(touch screens),which do not need remotes,because of thet only Air mouse is the best device to control android non touch devices.With them you can scroll pages from left to right with one touch,you can not do thet wit any IR on planet.
    Mele have top class Gyro,but check the price.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/MeLE-Air-Mouse/715968_100085256.html

8. Passerbyeus

Passerbyeus New Member

Thank you.

9. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member