No Sound Output

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by twistywizard, Jan 31, 2016.

1. twistywizard

twistywizard New Member

Sorry another problem.

NO sound output what so ever. Settings set as HDMI Bitstream. HDMI cable from Zidoo to Denon AVR-X2200W Receiver. Cable working find with other items. So cannot be cable. Amp is not picking up a signal for sound.

Any suggestions please?

2. twistywizard

twistywizard New Member

For reference this works fine when plugged direct into the TV i.e Sounds from TV speakers but that is of no use to me. It needs to come through the AV Receiver. Are there any known issues with this box and certain AV Receivers?

3. derf

derf New Member

Did you enable passthru in system settings?

4. agmarco

agmarco Member

Not sure if that is possible in your case but this is what I did. Set output sound at HDMI in settings Zidoo. Then connected the receiver to the TV-out with optical. Now I have Dolby Digital sound from Zidoo (through TV) at the receiver.

5. azeenah

azeenah New Member

also having the same problem when I update to zidoo 1.0.32. how to resolve?

6. azeenah

azeenah New Member

where u can find this option?

7. agmarco

agmarco Member

I think these are the system settings of Kodi. There you have audio options. As far as I know you can only change PCM, Optical SPDIF and HDMI in the Zidoo settings.

8. Pietrrr

Pietrrr New Member

Same here after update no sound !!! Ayuto help!

9. azeenah

azeenah New Member

yes exactly. but now no sound on my zidoo.

10. Pietrrr

Pietrrr New Member

I took out the usb dongle of my flymouse and sound came back... I prefer my flymouse ofcourse but no sound is no option too!

11. derf

derf New Member

Before you start up Kodi, go to settings....advanced........there is a disable usb audio setting. Maybe that will fix your problem.

12. agmarco

agmarco Member

If it is caused because of a USB mouse with sound option try this.

I have the same remote (Mele F10 Pro) and the same issue. The problem seems to be the USB sound of the RC takes over the sound output of the box. I can't find an option to disable this. It should be possible with the sound button on the RC but that one is not mapped or doesn't work with the X6. If you look at the web you can find a way to change a file somewhere in system dir. You have to put a "#" in front of the part which mentions the USB sound output. See the explanation below. Although it would e nice if the Zidoo team can make it easier for us somehow. ;-)

Thanks to Arietans @ Mybroadband:

"There are two ways to resolve this:
    1. (Less technical) Install Soundabout and make sure that HDMI is selected as the sound output (or whatever output you are using - in other words, not USB which is the Mele device). Some people have reported an issue where the HDMI option disappears from soundabout which requires a reinstall of the app to bring it back.

2. (a little more tech but permanent - my personal fav.) Install ES File explorer and edit the audio policy file to disable USB as an audio option
    • Recommend you do this with a proper keyboard / mouse attached.
    • Install and run ES File Explorer
    • Under tools (left), make sure root explorer is 'on'
    • Click root explorer and then Mount R/W - make sure /system is set to RW
    • Then under local (left), select / then in the main window navigate to /system/etc and click 'audio_policy.conf' to edit it (chose ES Note Editor)
    • Click the menu and select 'edit'
    • Find the line that starts with USB and comment out all the lines in that section like this:

Code:
    # usb {
    # outputs {
    # usb_accessory {
    # sampling_rates 44100
    # channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
    # formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_ACCESSORY
    # }
    # usb_device {
    # sampling_rates 44100
    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_DEVICE
    # }
    # }
    # inputs {
    # usb_device {
    # sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|32000|44100|48000
    # channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO
    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_USB_DEVICE
    # }
    # }
    # }
    • Click back then save.
    • After that reboot (not sure if it's required, but it won't hurt)."
    You can also try app called Soundabout but I didn't try that one myself.

13. agmarco

agmarco Member

Requests to Zidoo team. Is it possible to create a setting so we can disable the sound output to USB? Would be nice if it interacts with the button on the Mele F10 Pro RC. This button should switch between USB audio and device audio. Now we have to disable it completely and we can't use the microphone functionality of the Mele. Hope you can help us.

14. azeenah

azeenah New Member

yup MINE TOO using AIRMOUSE MELE F10 pro. any airmouse that support audio they will have this problem. tq bro for the reply. I was thinking to FLASH my ROM and downgrade the firmware to 1.0.19 and reinstall the 1.0.30. But if this works then it is not necessarily to change the firmware. if u all ok not having air mouse with u than just plug IT OUT from box it should be ok.

15. azeenah

azeenah New Member

yep because your flymouse got audio. the audio out is there. need to plug earphone to the remote or speaker

16. azeenah

azeenah New Member

what the function of this profile? it does not out to HDMI right?

17. agmarco

agmarco Member

The Mele is overruling the sound output from the system and sets it to USB. Normally you can change this with the "sound" button on the Mele. This should switch between USB audio and system audio. But this button doesn't work at the Zidoo X6. If the Zidoo team can map it somehow it will be great. Although I think not all soundformats will play at the Mele RC. For people who liked the Google voice app with the Mele I found out that if you take some "#"'s away from USB and Inputs that will work. Not tested with Soundabout.

Code:
    usb {
    # outputs {
    # usb_accessory {
    # sampling_rates 44100
    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_ACCESSORY
    # }
    # usb_device {
    # sampling_rates 44100
    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_DEVICE
    # }
    # }
    inputs {
    usb_device {
    sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|32000|44100|48000
    channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO
    formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
    devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_USB_DEVICE
    }
    }
    }

18. BowWow1954

BowWow1954 New Member

19. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we will add a usb sound output setting.

20. Pierre Boutin

Pierre Boutin New Member

Same problem With the X9S. Is the USB Sound Output setting coming soon ?