No more FW updates for Z9X?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nodeity, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Nodeity

Nodeity New Member

I know the "https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList" hasn't seen an update since 2022, I've been using McBluna.net for anything since then, bet even there the latest FW is from April 23, none of which are showing on Zidoo's official site. Will Zidoo be supporting the older Z9X boxes in future? If so, when is the next FW due? If not, then why would I buy one of your next generation boxes if I can't trust you to support your more recent release boxes.

2. Chr0matic

Chr0matic New Member

McBluna actually posted here that Zidoo are currently working on a new firmware version like 2 weeks ago

McBluna likes this.
  3. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

You have no guarantee on this...
    Zidoo deals with newly released equipment - the old one is probably forgotten

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

When you have a look at the past you will see they still supported the old generation although a newer one came out.

5. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

We'll see what will happen now...

I have Nea Alpha and somehow there is no next firmware version visible and the errors that have been reported so far have not been fixed.
    How much firmware will there be for it in 2024? I won't be wrong when I say that maybe one or two will be a miracle... :)

The same with translation - how much you can ask and wait ...
    I wanted to help with translation - no response

Mark Boddy likes this.
  6. Nodeity

Nodeity New Member

Yeah, I actually saw that on McBlunas's site a week ago, but it was for a so far unspecified beta, that may or may not be released. My point is that McBluna is the only one releasing them. Bless him (or her) ;/

7. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

Zidoo is like all other companies. They only have the $ sign in their eyes. They don't care about the customer because once they sell the device, then they have the money. It would be different if they also got money for the updates, then we would probably already be at 10.9.51

8. Nodeity

Nodeity New Member

If they want to sell future product and make a good name for themselves, they need to follow through, otherwise there's always people like Dune HD et al. and they are happy to follow through. Seems to be a particularly Chinese ethic these days, "take what you can, and run"! Unfortunately

9. toshu

toshu Member

And that is why I won't even look at their high end products.