No DTS sound in KODI and ZDMC

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by theowad, Jun 28, 2017.

1. theowad

theowad New Member

Hi,
    Something strange happened to my Ziddoo x10 box. At the beginning with the firmware 1.4.4 it was working without any issues. Now i can't make it to work again.
    For all my music and movies i was using ZDMC 16 and then ZDMC 17. Everything worked just fine, DTS-HD in movies, and DTS sound with SACD files (most of them are wavs). One day something have happened and I don't have DTS sound in music files at all - when playing from KODI or ZDMC. All files are still working when playing from internal zidoo player.
    When i play them from KODI or ZDMC there is no sound at all for some or there is only noise for others.
    I tried uninstalling ZDMC, installing from the scratch, tried upgrading from 16 to 17. Factory reset with 1.3 image file upgrade to 1.4.4 or factory reset with 1.4.4 didn't help too. Recent upgrade to 1.4.6 didn't resolve problem. All pass through settings and Dolby enable receiver are set. What is strange also that KODI becomes unresponsible when some of the WAV files are played with passthrough option. When passthrough is off i can hear the music but only in stereo. I even reset the receiver to factory defaults (zidoo x6 works fine with these files) Only x10 has a problem. My current configuration is 1.4.6. and ZDMC 17.1.

Right now i'm so confused that i don't even know how to start to troubleshoot again.
    Is there a configuration file who says how to handle a DTS sound file?

2. samekoms

samekoms New Member

Have similar issue. Only able to play Stereo sound now where previously 5.1 was working fine.

3. theowad

theowad New Member

Zidoo team, any help ?

4. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Even worse, I was fine minus a hiccup here and there, but on 1.4.6 I get very hard speaker damaging static on DTS HD and TrueHD tracks when I use anything except the browser internal player. Can not use Plex anymore, either no sound, or static on Android player. If I could return this box for a refund I would!

5. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

6. theowad

theowad New Member

Thanks, tried that several times with no luck. Everything works on x6pro thought.