newbie help

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by asianjabba, Oct 22, 2016.

1. asianjabba

asianjabba New Member

hi all - just put my zidoo x9s up. I have a 4tb connected to the sata and I plan on putting another 4tb external into usb 3.0. I would like to know what are my options of moving files from my pc to those storage devices on zidoo. How do i detect the hard drives on my computer so I can transfer them from PC. i'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere but if anybody can help I'd really appreciate it.

thank you!

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Actualy samba on X9S does not declare itself to network. You can manualy add disk with disk mapping in windows,first go to openwrt setting. To have access to setting in openwrt go android settings/more in network then Openwrt setting, choose Advanced settings (if you never open this web page password is blank do not put anything you will ask to add password and add one). In NAS Services/Samba (upper tab) take note of name of your shared directory and activate Samba services ex: Disk_sdax.

You must know Zidoo IP. In windows open file manager and right click this pc and add network place, follow the process. When ask to enter the address use address in this form \\192.168.x.x\diskname where 192.168.x.x is Zidoo ip and diskname is the name of disk you note. Repeat for the next disk.

3. asianjabba

asianjabba New Member

thank you so much - that really helped!