New X9S cannot add Movies to Library using ZDMC

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by torn10don, Jan 24, 2018.

1. torn10don

torn10don New Member

Hi all,

Ok, so I got X9S on Monday. It is replacing my eGreat A5 which sadly stopped working due to a dead HDMI port. Anyway, I have all my media on my PC and I use Hanewin NFS server to stream my video. Using the eGreat I have never had a problem using either it's built in poster wall or Vidon. Now with the X9S the Poster wall will see my videos and fetch Metadata (albeit it's a bit hit and miss) but ZDMC will not. I add files just like I did with Vidon and as I have with Kodi, point to NFS, navigate to my Movie folder and select Movies for Scraping. Now it appears to very quickly scan my movie folder but it doesn't add them to my library. I have no Movies tab on the home screen of ZDMC. I can navigate to the folder and play them as just files but I don't understand why it won't add them to the library so it can scrape the data. I have now copied a selection of videos to an external drive I also used with the eGreat. The X9S does see the files but I cannot add them to my library in ZDMC. I even tried a factory reset. No joy. Like I said, the built in Home Entertainment app does work but it's awful for TV series scraping. I hope I haven't made this to confusing.

I am borrowing a Himedia Q5 Pro today and so far that has had no problems.

Thanks in advance

2. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

You can update to v2.0.5.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware-v2-0-5-version-beta-for-zidoo-x9s-release.7401/
    thans