New X6 Pro with some questions

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Syaoran, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Syaoran

Syaoran New Member

My Zidoo X6 Pro arrived yesterday. After trying out a box from GooBang Doo, I decided I wanted something superior, especially for playing 4k video files without stuttering. I have updated the box to the latest version. When going through and setting up some things, I have noticed there are some things missing. Location is missing from the Android options. I prefer location to be disabled. Why isn't this option available to set?

Unlike other options out there, this box does not come rooted. Why isn't the app pre-installed on the system to allow users to root it, if they choose?

Kodi also didn't come pre-installed on my box. This isn't a huge deal as it is fairly easy to install. Is there a recommended version of Kodi that works best with this box or will the latest from the Play Store be fine? (Edit: Kodi seems to be under ZDMC.) Are there any Kodi configuration recommendations or tweaks to get the best playback of anything out of this box?

I am a bit frustrated with the remote. If it isn't directly pointed almost straight on at the box, then anything pressed on the remote goes ignored. Is this normal? Is there a way to set this remote to at least power my TV on and off?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there is an app on the forum that will root the box with 1 click.
    Box has a custom kodi named ZDMC that comes with some tweeks for the RK CPU.
    And yes. The remote is IR. and needs to be pointed at the device. From what i can tell the problem is the receiver, not the remote. On the back of the remote its a sticker. You have the instruction to learn IR from your tv. You can program buttons to power TV on/off , adjust the volume and switch from cable to other inputs