New User - Quick Question

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by Moog, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Moog

Moog New Member

Hi,

Been a long time Dune HD user but lack of 4K support now means I have decided to change and have ordered a Z10.

I understand that this model has 2 HDMI sockets and allows audio passthrough. I'm new to this area of media streamers so just have a quick question. I use a Sonos Beam for my TV's audio and it is wired in through an ARC socket. This socket on my TV also allows an enchanted 4k signal to be sent to it and it slightly galls me I'm wasting this feature just for audio!

Is it possible to plug the Beam into the Z10 and then the Z10 into the ARC port and still retain the audio from the TV in normal day to day use or will I need to take up 2 HDMI sockets - 1 for the Beam and one for the Z10?

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help.

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

You didn't sent much info about your setup, if you have multiple 4K input on TV the arc return channel on TV will send all hdmi sound input to your sound system via arc.

3. Moog

Moog New Member

Sorry,

Here is the info:

TV - Sony KD -55XF8796. Has 4 HDMI inputs but only 2 can take 4K enhanced signal. One of these is used for VirginMedia set top box and the other is also the ARC socket so directly connected to the Sonos Beam.

2 remaining HDMI sockets are pure 4K but not enhanced (honestly don't know enough to know if enhanced will improve the picture quality).

I am aware the Z10 can output 4K HDR but to reap it's full benefits does it need to be plugged into an enhanced socket and as they are both currently in use can I work around this by 'daisy chaining' the Sonos into the Z10 and then the Z10 into the newly freed up enhanced socket?

Hope that explains it better than my original post.

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Maybe it will work but you should try using optical from TV to Beam. Optical do not offer digital sound over 5.1 channel but since your Beam do not have either it would be a way to free the HDMI port. Zido have setting to downgrade all digital sound to 5.1.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  5. Moog

Moog New Member

Cool - I'll bear that in mind. Thanks very much.