New 1296 SOC Zidoo player Z1000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Zigourney, Apr 8, 2019.

1. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

I have tried both many times ! thanks

2. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Today after the Z1000 had been powered off overnight , I had a couple of minutes music playing then severe distortion set in and no sound at all again ?

3. Valera

Valera Member

Hi, what is about the coaxial output? Is it functional? Thanks.

4. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

No the coaxial wont work , when I power up my dac the music plays for about 30 seconds the distortion sets in and total silence ????

5. Valera

Valera Member

Hmm, I noticed similar problem with x9s or z10 when connected via spdif. My desktop amp was able to lock on pcm without problems, but my head-amp-dac could play less than minute then it lost the signal. I hoped to replace my current z10 with that new one, but it looks like it is the same old "friend" in the new skin.

6. Valera

Valera Member

I'm not talked about how to connect my headamp. I did talk about problems with spdif.
    If you want to share your own expierence about connecting Zidoo player via USB to external dac, it would be interesting - are there support for uac2? Can you confirm that? Besides this, connecting external dac via usb will lower usb transfer rate down to usb2.0 - interesting feature for high-end device.

7. Valera

Valera Member

1) You're describing theory, not a particular Zidoo device. Yes, there are many devices that use Amanero and other well-known interfaces. Are Z10 / Z1000 equipped with Amanero interface? I think not. So, who need that theory?
    2) "...nothing wrong with that" - Really? When Zidoo player is connected to external dac, I can copy files to installed HDD at 30Mb/s speed only, while my external SSD supports transfer rate at about 300Mb/s. It's 10 (ten!) times slower (in other words, I need to spend 30min instead of 3 min). Is it really nothing wrong with Zidoo media players?
    I'm sorry @andrewrona for this off-topic.

8. Valera

Valera Member

Your TV may be equipped with optical output. Try to connect it directly to your dac. Just to make sure that the spdif receiver of your dac is not defective. If this pair works fine, probably the issue is with Zidoo player.

9. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

The spdif input on my dac is fine as i was using the egreat A11 for over a year with the spdif . The usb out from the z1000 to usb dac input works fine however I prefer spdif if it would work with the spdif!!! I wonder if a FW would fix this ?

10. Valera

Valera Member

I wonder why there is no z1000 in the official Zidoo listing on aliexpress. Is it pre-production bunch?

11. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

When the Z1000 is up and running, when I look at the optical out port, there is no red light, should this not be lit up showing red ?

12. Valera

Valera Member

Yes, it should lit red.

13. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Ok, thanks. This could be why the coaxial wont work to my DAC, must be a faulty z1000 that a firmware wont fix.At least now it looks like the unit needs to go back to Futeko for a replacement.

14. xliv

xliv Member

Hi, I'm quite interested by this player. However, unlike the H20 and H20 Pro, it did not get its own forum section. That got me wondering if this product will be "less supported" than others, for example. it won't get as many firmware updates, or those firmwares will be "less tested" on the Z1000 hardware than they are on more flagship product such as the H20 line?
    I do have a preference for the Z1000 over the H20 - the additional features of the H20 are not of interest for my specific case.

15. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Just go for it, so much better than the egreat A11, the 1296 chip makes it much faster, the firmware is same as x20.

gymnos likes this.
  16. xliv

xliv Member

Thanks andrewrona, I think I was just waiting for a push - I went ahead and got one of these. I'm testing it right now - started a thread on scrapping with local files.

17. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

well done, enjoy. Iam still without my coaxial/spdif connection, hope this incompatability problem with my DAC is resolved on the next FW ,IF YOU ARE READING THIS ZIDOO SUPPORT!!

18. Zlim

Zlim New Member

I do have a question for you.. Have you tried Kodi on it? how's the performance? any lags?

19. xliv

xliv Member

No - haven't tried Kodi yet. Actually I wanted to try Emby as a front end, but haven't tried to install apps yet.
    The native apps - Poster Wall and the native players - run amazingly fast - very very reactive UI, no lags, etc.

However, being used to Emby (which I prefer over Kodi), the feature set of the Poster Wall is limited.

gymnos likes this.
  20. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Iam using the ZBMC without any issues, I find the kodi remote really good with my phone, able to listen to the music without the projector on, I also have cetus installed so I can see the screen if required, aptoid is my preferred website for the apps and doesn't run in the background.The USB out to my DAC is a superb sound and has realy surprised me just how good it is.
    Not heard of Emby anyone care to chime in?