Netflix Sound Issue

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Drew, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Drew

Drew New Member

Just bought the H6 Pro based on this guy's review, and I've had a number of issues so far.

I upgraded the firmware to v1.0.20.

My primary issue is that whenever I start a show in Netflix, the sound is muted. I have to click the speaker in the top right corner in order for the sound to start. This occurs every time a new show starts. It's not a huge issue, but it's very annoying.

Accessing the play store is very annoying, as I have to go to settings and uninstall updates to factory settings every time I want to download something.

The launcher that this box comes with is terrible, and barely customizable at all. I've tried using Nova Launcher, but when I exit Netflix, it defaults back to the launcher screen, rather than Nova.

I bought this from Amazon, and I'm just about ready to send this back. Any suggestions to help with these annoying issues would be much appreciated.

2. mitchell4you

mitchell4you Member

best to return unit... its far from user friendly.. as you have noticed
    and takes a lot of time tweaking fixing..and learning the many bugs it has

possible fix solutions...
    *install older version Netflix or one provided by zidoo or Netflix from xda
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...lix-hd-widevine-drm-l1-devices-t3307241/page3
    *disable Google play.. install Aurora Store from xda ( previous called galaxy alternative store )
    note galaxy has a spoof option..enabled gives/shows more apps ( then new version)
    *use a app called disableservice...use it to disable auto update inside Google store (4times)
    *use iytbp as YouTube client (2160p option to spoof and HDR)

sadly changing default launcher doesn't do anything ( I prefer sentio )
    no fix as yet..
    installing a screen lock app..also doesn't work

also no fix for.. msg Google store unexpected crash popup
    and browser crashing long left click (opera/chrome/... )

cheers

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  3. Andreas Steinmeier

Andreas Steinmeier New Member

I have the same issue of Netflix muting! After every episode start, I have to click left to have the sound.
    Unfortunately, it's not only this bug there...
    It's impossible to scroll pages of YouTube with the original remote. Then, I've purchased the V6 air mouse, really pretty product, but, it doesn't work well also... The air mouse function doesn't have any range! I have to almost rub the unit at the dongle, few centimeters away it lost connection. And, even this close, the pointer movement is not smooth and responsive. Very disappointing!

4. rread13

rread13 New Member

In response to the Netflix issue I found an APK that kind of solved some of our problems: It works nicely with our remote, it's a version meant for Android so remote use rather than touch screen like phone or tablet. Search on APPToid for Netflix 3.2.2 Android_TV_Mod. I've never had an audio drop out or muted audio if doing a bit of binge watching. My biggest wish is to have 5.1 DD audio from the H6 with certifications from Google/Netflix/You Tube but that's not going to happen.

Andreas Steinmeier likes this.