Netflix freezing during playback, also restart freezing of actual Zidoo box

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by HardWired, Nov 6, 2015.

1. HardWired

HardWired New Member

Firmware 19
    Netflix playback, video freezes at first play, audio will continue, able to select stream and fastforward/rewind and video will start playing again, sometimes video will freeze during middle of video and at certain points repeatedly at the same spot (can fastforward a few seconds and get past the video freezing point though)

Also if I do a restart of the X6 via the power menu, it will freeze at the Zidoo logo and the only way to continue is to pull the power plug

2. couto27

couto27 Member Beta test group

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  3. couto27

Also it would be difficult to test Netflix APP by zidoo developers, because they are based in China where Netflix is not available.

4. HardWired

HardWired New Member

Any cpu capable android device can play netflix, its only locked for HD/4K certified devices, if i can play netflix on a $50 HardKernel ODroid running Cyanogenmod 11 device from years ago then i'd expect a device like this to be capable, which it is, apart from the firmware is buggy causing Netflix to freeze at certain times during video playback, Netflix works fine on the X6 apart from freezing every now and then but can be continued with a quick rewind/play button again
    The developers can easily test out netflix using a VPN to any netflix country if they can be bothered, (I currently have a VPN to the USA to play US hosted netflix content that isnt available in netflix in my country)
    This version of netflix is the standard one latest version from the Google Playstore for Android devices (Not Google TV)
    Netflix being flawless on a $50 3yr old oDroid running CM11 pretty much proves theres bugs in the firmware somewhere

5. couto27

Have you ask your VPN provider ?
    The frezze is a specific program ? Which one?

The google search is full of Netflix freeze..
    You are not alone.

6. HardWired

HardWired New Member

Its not todo with VPN as it happens on and off vpn connections and if Netflix looses connection it doesnt just freeze the video and continues playing audio for the next hour, it will stop completely with an error, I have mutliple Android devices which Netflix never freezes, it only freezes constantly on the Zidoo so there is an obvious fault in the firmware or hardware
    Freeze specific program? Netflix.. all videos at some point during playback at random.
    Yes im sure Netflix will freeze for other people out there in the world on some other faulty devices too, so im sure google is full of Netflix freezes for other people and not just the X6 Pro

7. natzen

natzen Member Beta test group

i have same problem ...

8. HardWired

HardWired New Member

Updated to firmware 22 and Netflix still freezing, guess this box was a waste of $, perhaps if a Cyanogenmod ROM gets ported to it then it might become useful for Netflix, going back to my Odroid for Netflix

9. HardWired

HardWired New Member

Gone and ordered a Nvidia Shield TV which is now only $175 from Amazon with game controller and small remote controller free, much better buy than a Zidoo as the netflix will run flawlessly and also support netflix at 4k which the Zidoo will never do.
    Its unfortunate that these Chinese media center boxes never reach their full potential for the price due to their software, the Nvidia box is getting so close in price and totally obliterates them in support/software

10. romboy

romboy New Member

+1

11. romboy

romboy New Member

12. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    we are checking it.