Need help with SmartTube

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Mar 21, 2024.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Hi all, I just installed smarttube latest version from the official page and though I get 4K/HDR on it, that and anything 4K just stutters a lot. I am sure its some setting that I dont have set correctly. Please help!

I tried different video buffer settings and didnt have any luck. TIA.

2. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

21.54 the zidoo is stuttering in hdr/ 4k compared to the same videos on the tv installed app. doth running the same version..
    tv I had a older version, updated to latest, didn't really notice a change..
    zidoo is definitely stuttering..
    (just used like a 4k oled demo )

how do the same videos play on a YouTube app on the zidoo ?? I have not tried that to see if working proper or not.. just thinking out loud

3. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yeah this is the first time i've installed smarttube and thought its an issue in my settings. Was it fine on older FW?

4. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

Ummmm....... I think it stuttered as well, but not sure.
    Could try some older versions, with the same clip to compare.. I would be intrested to hear the findings.

5. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Framerate switching with Smartube does not work on the Zidoo (closed API I can only assume).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    B0RN likes this.
  6. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Wow okay... any other alternative for a ad-less YT on Zidoo?

7. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Not that I know of.

B0RN likes this.
  8. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

have you tried the beta version of smarttube ??

9. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

ZDMC YouTube add-on + TubeCast.
    Use your phone to browse videos then cast it to ZDMC.

10. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

no third party apps support frame rate switching as it is not handled by the standard android TV video driver functions on these players.
    If youtube is your main media source then Zidoo isnt the right hardware, it's for playing back files, the app support is just tacked on for convenience.

Even using an app like TVQuickActionsPro the quick select functions do not work, the call must come from the Zidoo's custom software so it's unlikely to be supported on this hardware. manual switching works of course but consider how many different framerates are on youtube (including non-standard ones! I watched a pipe organ video yesterday at 20fps!) it's easier just to leave it at 60 and deal with the odd juddery video when your TV doesn't handle the mismatch.

24fps usually looks OK at 60 on a good TV with decent motion processing, but 25p doesnt for example and can judder hard.

Oldpainless likes this.