My X9s doesn't stay off when the HDMI port on the TV is switched.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Lino, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Lino

Lino New Member

My X9s doesn't stay off when the HDMI port on the TV is switched. The X9s turns off ok but as soon as I switch to a different port it turns right back on. It's running firmware version 1.2.11. Is there a setting to disable this feature? None of my other devices turn on when theHDMI port is switched.

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

My X9S running 1.2.9 FW is connected to HDMI 1 port, turned off X9S, then switch to TV channels, then HDMI 2 port, back to TV channels, the X9S never turn itself back on.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

may be related to CEC function ? if you don't use it. turn it off and test again

4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Did this problem occur with prior firmware version?

You can narrow down the issue more if you can go to the TV button panel and switch HDMI port to see if the problem is related to HDMI interface, or unplug the TV and press the buttons on your TV remote to see if X9S is confused by your TV remote control command. I would not be surprised if it is the latter, would be nice if future products come with device/remote pairing feature.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  5. Lino

Lino New Member

Problem was there with the older firmware. My Samsung TV is a little old maybe there is a compatibility issue with the HDMI port. Still my other devices work fine. I switched the HDMI port while the X9S was shutting down and it stayed off until the HDMI port was switched.

6. Lino

Lino New Member

Unplugging the TV and pressing buttons on the TV remote didn't confuse the X9S. I changed the CEC function and disabled the power on from HDMI. That worked but now it wont turn on when the HDMI port is switched to the X9S. Which is kind of nice feature to have.

7. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    which TV band of you?
    do you close the CEC funciton in the android setting?

8. Lino

Lino New Member

My TV is a Samsung and is about 12 years old. I disabled the CEC function to turn on from the HDMI port.