My impressions Zidoo X6 Pro

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Eddy48, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Eddy48

Eddy48 New Member

Hi all this is my first post & feedback of the X6 Pro.

Purchased from Banggood about 6 months ago, arrived with in 2 weeks in good order to Australia.
    On unpacking & setting up it would not read my Seagate portable HDD."BUGGER".
    The first update I installed fixed the problem "OK GOOD".
    I have installed all the updates, with in 1 week of release, via the Zidoo Community listings.
    I all ways use the CLEAN UP utility & CLOSE any running APPS before an update & remove all external devices & extras .
    Useing the above I have not had a single problem with an OTG update via a fat 32 formatted USB stick.
    I did install 4 higher rubber feet "15mm" to improve air flow under the X6 Pro.
    I did add a 7 port USB powered HUB for add ons via the non OTG port.
    But I noticed the hub would power up the X6 Pro.????
    I did not like this so I installed a DIODE in USB cable + 5v line to isolate the HUB.
    So all external devices now have there own dedicated power supply 5v@3amp.
    The X6 Pro has it's dedicated original 5v@1.5amp power supply.
    Plus it can supply extra current to the HUB if needed. "My preferred set-up".
    The infra-red remote connection is very narrow, must point directly at the X6 Pro for the remote to work.
    OK for limited use, once the X6 Pro is up & running I use a Blue tooth MOUSE & KEYBOARD for the rest"GREAT".
    In ZDMC I selected 250ms audio correction & saved settings for me this corrected a lip sync issue.
    The X6 Pro is used mainly for Moves, TV shows, Photos & Home Moves via ZDMC.
    From the start up screen I installed free to air TV catch up aps plus some Games for the grand Children.
    I all so find the Internet quick & responsive via the LAN connection, Internet cable speed 60 down 40 up.

So for Me I find the X6 Pro more than adequate for my needs all is not perfect but neither am I.
    1/ First review I read stated it had h265 10bit support it only has 8bit support."BUGGER"
    2/ On free to air TV play store apps the X6 Pro tends to freeze often for about the first 1/2 hour of streaming.????
    3/ Requires slight modification to help the thermal cooling, 4 15mm high rubber feet.
    4/ Don't like external power entering X6 Pro via USB port "Power out OK power IN could spell disaster".
    5/ Looking forward to the X9S, 10/bit h265 would like 12/bit as well to be perfect, Cortex-A53, USB3, SATA3.+++.

Regards:-Eddy.

Just a little update the Android TV Box bug has got me.
    Waiting for X9S & reviews of it taking too long for ME.
    So I have ordered a Nexbox A95X 4K KODI Amlogic S905X Android 6.0 2G/16G B/tooth 4 10bit h265 Box for a Comparison between it & X6Pro & X9S reviews when available.
    should arrive with in the next 2 weeks as they are now shipping them only $60 Au to the door.
    Regards Eddy

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016