My brand new X9s doesn't recognize my hard drive...

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by SPIROS GONATAS, Dec 11, 2018.

1. SPIROS GONATAS

SPIROS GONATAS New Member

Hi guys,

I used to have the Zidoo H6 pro, that had a stellar pic performance, but due to some other issues that remained unsolved, I had to replace it with X9s.

I received the new unit from the Italian warehouse of GeekBuing yesterday.

I tried to connect everything and i had a very big dissapointment.

The unit cannot recognze my external 3,5'' Intenso hard disk ( 3 TB // USB 3). This disk has its own external power supply.

This same hard disk was vey well cooperating with the H6 pro.

So i really don't understand what is happening. I put on a 2,5'' Intenso disk of 1 TB and the X9s easily and immediately sees it and can play all my files out of it.

I really tried everything, restarting, other cables, etc. etc. but the issue is still there.

Very dissapointed.

Pls, advise whether is something i could do. Or i just have to return this box (a full of hassle procedure).

Thnx in advance.

2. SPIROS GONATAS

SPIROS GONATAS New Member

Dear,

Thanx for your kind advise.

It is peculiar that in all these hundreds of topics, there are just 3-4 about problems like mine.

Connecting via esata means opening the casing, get out the disk and losing the flexibility of carrying around a USB external drive for eg stick it in a PC or laptop to get new files etc. It is not convenient getting all the time the disk out and in the casing.

Nor it should a unit like x9s present such issues.

Anyway, tonight I LL follow the instructions of good member ''nice monkey'' and hopefully I LL solve my issue.