Music App Crash (large Playlist)

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by musiclistener, Sep 10, 2023.

1. musiclistener

musiclistener New Member

About my setup:
    Eversolo DMP-A6 (FW 1.1.80)
    Kingston NVME SSD 2TB M.2 2280 (with about 15000 flac-files)
    connected via SPDIF to external HP-Amp

I was listening music with the Eversolo DMP very often without big issues so far. Today I wanted to create playlists for my music files. After I added around 1000 titles to one playlist, the Music-App crashed and now I can't re-open the App again. I restarted the device but the problem still appears. I can listen Music if I open the file explorer und go to the storage folder. But if I want to open the Music Library via the Music App it crashes all time and fall back to the Home Screen.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Is there a way to access your playlists and then delete any of them? Not kidding, I do not own an A6, but maybe in the library settings you can do such a thing, and it will possibly resurrect your player app.

3. musiclistener

musiclistener New Member

Hi @Nutul and thank you for your question.
    It is not possible to access the "menu" or button to open the playlist in the Music-App. If I click the Music-App Icon, it closes immediately and all I can see is the home-screen. I also can't find a folder via smb/nfs where these playlists are stored. Also in the settings menu there is no "Reset"-Button for the music library. Maybe the factory-reset will solve the problem but thats my last opinion.

4. fahzz

fahzz New Member

Is there a limit on the number of tracks in a playlist?

5. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

With iPad choosing ‘Library’ in the menu and then ‘Play all music’, I get a ‘Play queue’ with about 12700 tracks and it starts playing within 4-5 seconds…

So not a playlist, but still. I have not seen a crash of the internal player yet. I’m on the A8 but this also worked on the A6…

IMG_0246.jpeg IMG_0245.jpeg

fahzz likes this.