Movies won't stop Crashing!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, May 2, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I have two movies that I was watching. I wanted to start them over so I pressed Start from beginning, then I got an infinite black screen. Tried it again. Same outcome! This time I pressed continue, again an infinite black screen. Then Crash after pressing any button. This time I marked it as watched, started it again hoping it would start from the beginning. Nope! asked me again if I'd like to continue......... Tried Watched then Unwatched, and it does not matter it's still going to ask if I'd like to continue. Two different movies do this so I don't think its the files, plus they were working fine when I watched the whole thing through last week. I can't get it to just start from the beginning. I've tried clearing the cache. forcing stop but it does not matter. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Posting a mediaInfo report would be helpful.

3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I don't see how seeing as it's HT4 that's not marking the movie as watched like it's supposed to. It says it's marked as watched, but in actual it's not! seeing as when I press play it asks me if I want to continue. It's not the media that is the problem.

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

There may be a common factor in those 2 files that HT4 is reacting to negatively. For me I always check the "it can't be that factor!" first to eliminate it. Good luck..

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

After any issues , crashes or lock up as such always best to reboot and mains unplug to re set unit first etc .