Mouse emulation of touchscreen taps needs improvement

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by dlanor123, Oct 12, 2016.

1. dlanor123

dlanor123 New Member

It has come to my attention that some games fail completely on the 'Zidoo X6 Pro' (and some other Android consoles), simply because they respond only to native touchscreen input, completely ignoring all input from mouse (or keyboards or gamepads).

This can be fixed by improving the mouse driver implementation and adding an option to have mouse clicks completely emulate touchscreen taps and have mouse clicked-drag operations emulate touchscreen flings.

One proof that such an implementation would work is that I 've been able to use such games with mouse when running under the 'RemixOS for PC' Android system, which has such mouse usage options implemented.

Btw: The currently most prominent game which suffers from this problem on the Zidoo console is probably the game "MOBIUS Final Fantasy" from Square-Enix. It works fine with mouse on the aforementioned "RemixOS for PC" system, but on the 'Zidoo X6 Pro' it's not even possible to get past the initial license agreement, as that dialog too will respond only to real touchscreen input (or an improved emulation with mouse, such as in RemixOS).

I hope this issue will catch the attention of Zidoo developers sometime soon.

Best regards: Ulf Ronald Andersson (aka: dlanor123)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016