Missing Movies

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Mano9423, May 2, 2022.

1. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

Okay, so a strange issue here. I have scanned a source via SMB and the scan shows 110 movies and all matched. When I go into the poster wall and select movies, there are several missing. They aren’t in the Unmatched category and I can see them in the file manager if I connect to the same source. Any ideas on why they have gone missing?

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Are they in Collections?

3. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

Yes, I had that with HT a few times too. That was the reason why I switched to ZDMC.

Let's put it this way, I had a very similar problem. I scan all my films locally using the nfo file. In my case, HT simply did not read in a few films at all. They didn't appear in the "unassigned" category either. I only noticed it because I wanted to watch one of these films and couldn't find it. The only indication I found afterwards was that the number of films scanned did not correspond to the total number of films in the sources.

To test this, I then read the same films into Kodi using the same nfo files and this worked without any problems.

I have no idea why HT has such problems.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem on my UHD3000 recently. After checking everything I could I found all the missing files were on my disk 1 internal, I realised I had formatted this disc on my PC using NTFS. Whilst Disc 2 is EXT4 done within the 3000. Now I don’t see how this can have anything to do with it but this is what I found. I copied all the files off disc 1 (NTFS) and removed disc 1 from the 3000.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  5. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

The ones missing were not, no. However, after leaving it alone for some time, it seems to have sorted itself out. Very weird issue, but the missing files are now there, so I guess I'll chalk it up to a small glitch.

6. mytich

mytich Member

This happened to me once too, I removed the file on disk and put it back and zidoo found it then.