might go unnoticed : a very cool feature for concerts

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by myzidoo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

There is one functionality I asked for and was implemented in the latest
    (FW 6.0.66) firmware release - THANK YOU :
    (...)
    15. Added MKV chapter information display
    (...)

This might seem as a detail but it allows for a very cool feature.
    I have MANY concerts on my server and it has been a long struggle to know how and what format sould I have video concerts ripped to.
    What i Wanted is to be able to
    - watch concerts which start immediately (without the intros)
    - watch concerts and browse through the song sets WITHOUT interruption.

Working with ISO's:

Bluray :
    Concert Blurays/UHD are easy to handle on a zidoo as you have full menu support.
    requirement 1 : watch immediately : OK - I rip my disks to iso without the adverts
    requirement 2 : browse songs without interruption : OK - there are the pop-up menus

DVD :
    Concerts DVD is more problematic
    requirement 1 : watch immediately : OK - I rip my disks to iso without the adverts
    requirement 2 : browse songs without interruption : NOK - DVD have no pop-up menu only main menu which interrupts the concert

With the new functionality there is now a perfect way to handle concerts DVD as chapter names (and not only numbers) are displayed for navigation

Working with MKV's:

1. Just rip your concerts to MKV and use the naming function in MakeMKV. You'll find out that concerts are very straight forward and mostly each identified chapter in MakeMKV is a song.
    2. Name your chapters - ie song name

Now when watching on the zidoo when you access the chapter/menu structure you'll see all the songs listed and you can switch from one song to the other without interruption....and as it is an mkv all enoying adverts are anyway gone
    JUST BRILLIANT.

@developers :
    If the chapter list could now be "callable" DIRECTLY as a function either by RS-232 or API it would be even more perfect.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024