Media Center now requests a password, why?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Earendil, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Earendil

Earendil New Member

I have had the X10 for a couple years now and always access any of my four NAS' through the Media Center either through SMB or NFS. My videos, pictures and songs play just fine. ZDMC works fine as well for my thousands of videos in that jukebox.

Recently to enter Media Center it prompts for a password. This is really annoying and I wish it to go away back to when I didn't need a password to enter the Media Center. There is a checkbox to have the password "stick" but it doesn't work as well.

A possible association. Around the same time the password prompt came up I discovered openwrt on the X10. I logged in and changed a couple things like the admin/root password and the SMB workgroup to my own network's workgroup name. I also created a share of the extra unused space on my X10's 40GB HDD but don't really need it, it was just to see if I could do it and and see if my Window's boxes see the share (they could). Also my network is behind three firewalls so the X10 being open is acceptable to me. I believe openwrt makes this four firewalls but at some point I will find a way to disable those firewall parts.

:( Please help me in disabling the annoying password prompt (or at least make the first password entry stick as I leave the X10 on 24/7/365) to get into my multimedia files through the Media Center.

EDIT: I noticed something when I brought the Android bar up at the bottom and hit the square that shows all the programs currently running. Media Center was loaded and I could go back to using it without entering a password. But if I tried through the Zidoo's X10 base display screen, the one with all the buttons where there is with a big, fat Media Center button in the middle, it always prompts me for a password. Perhaps it's not a SMB issue but a Media Center app issue. Something to think about.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019