MAJOR issue with subtitles in 1.2.12

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by nikos_a, Feb 27, 2017.

1. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Dear Zidoo team

You managed to break the subs engine and the Zidoo player in 1.2.12. Specifically:

-I watched two movies in the weekend with external subs (Greek) encoded in UTF-8. No issues

-Today I tried to watch another one, again with Greek Subs encoded in UTF-8. They appeared 2 or 3 times (2-3 scenes) in the movie and then they disappeared. Tried to check with the subtitles menu and it was not responding. Pressed a few times and nothing happened. Then I got this screen while the audio of the movie continue to play in the background.

20170227_175250.jpg

I clicked wait, then the pop up came again. I clicked OK and then I went back to file explorer, to the folder with the movie with the sound continuing to play. Only way to get away of this was to restart x9s.

-I then tried to use another subtitle and it worked. So I started to suspect there was something wrong with the first subtitles

-I attach the subtitle file that caused the issue. And yes, I found what is causing it. Near the end, there is this text:

Code:
    01:44:38,759 --> 01:44:44,759
    <b>N3krA</b>
    @instagram.com/N3krA

01:44:45,050 --> 01:44:47,866
    Ο μοναδικός.

01:44:52,804 --> 01:44:58,069
    Από τότε δεν έχω
    αγγίξει κανέναν.

01:44:58,075 --> 01:45:06,075
    Επιμέλεια μετάφρασης: < J' aime le noir >

01:46:28,909 --> 01:46:38,355
    << Ο πατέρας μου, μου είπε να προσέξω τρία πράγματα:
    Να μη γίνω κομμουνιστής, αδερφή και να μη
    πάρω ναρκωτικά. Ε ρε γκίνια! >>
    Πουλικάκος από την ταινία "Ρεβάνς"
    As you can see there are some text in brackets. When I removed this text, the subtitle PLAYED PROPERLY. So I am not sure what you did but the subtitle engine is not just broken, you broke the whole player.

FYI, you can use this file with any movie. Originally it is for Moonlight, any BD Rip but you can use it with any movie and see the behavior.

If you need any further help, I would gladly help you. PLEASE, this is MAJOR issue since many subtitles have brackets.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I can confirm that...
    My player crashed too.
    Please fix it

3. spring

spring Guest

Sorry about that,As a temporary solution,This should be in certain character encoding,Regular expressions judgment anomaly.As I said, we are developing a new subtitle feature.It will be released in two weeks. Support ASS special effects of subtitles in native player.Support HTML TAGS(not for filter).support custom fonts.Support custom shadow and strokes for srt subtitles.