Mac file transfer issue; "file in use"

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Naiera, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Naiera

Naiera Member

Hello, gang.

I'm using a 2017 iMac stuck on Ventura, because Intel, I guess, and I have a Z1000 Pro.

Lately, when trying to transfer files to my Zidoo, I get an error saying that the file is being used, after the file has actually been transferred, and then it will proceed to delete the file from the Zidoo. I do not experience this issue when copying files to either of the hard drives I have connected via USB. I may have experienced the issue when copying to USB sticks in the past, but I haven't really done that at all since aquiring the Zidoo, so I can't say anything for certain about that.

Oddly, this is a problem I did not experience at all in the beginning. It's something that's popped after a few months of use (bought the Z1000 Pro used in December 2022), and it's getting worse; getting more resistant to any fixes I've tried and more frequent.

I have tried logging into the Zidoo, rather than just connecting as a guest. I have tried to make the files write protected in macOS. I have tried making a copy of the file, so the one I am transferring has never, ever possibly been played or otherwise used by anyone. Sometimes, one of these solutions might work, but that seems to be getting rarer and rarer.

I was trying just now to copy three different MKVs from the same source. None had been so much as opened. The first file transferred fine and the last two refused to stay copied. I have actually tried to open a file on the Zidoo while it was "in limbo"; transferred but errored in Finder on Mac, but the error had not been "OK'ed", and it worked fine o_O

I know that this is a topic that might've come up in the past, but I haven't been able to find the appropriate thread. This also might be some very easy, obvious fix, but if it is, I haven't thought of it, and I would very much appreciate any help you guys can provide.