m3u playlists don't handle extended characters?

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by DTRetire, Aug 19, 2023.

1. DTRetire

DTRetire New Member

Greetings:

I installed my SSD and moved my flac library to it, along with my reconfigured (to match the library location) .m3u playlists. All the playlists with extended ASCI characters bomb out. That means, no Edith Piaf, no Latin, Brazilian, or, in fact, a lot of world music. Will this be fixed later on in firmware? PS these playlists all work perfectly on my BluOS Node.

2. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

With which app do you play your lists?

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Are they actually saved as ASCII (plain text, codepage dependent...) or UTF-8 (which they should be)?

4. DTRetire

DTRetire New Member

Don't use any app, the playlists are in the root directory of my SSD, just click on the playlist name and it plays...

5. DTRetire

DTRetire New Member

Here's a sample... none of this will play.

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:178, Edith Piaf - Bal dans Ma Rue
    ./dtflacs/Edith Piaf/30th Anniversary/Édith Piaf - 30e anniversaire- L’Intégrale 1946–1963 - Bal dans Ma Rue.flac
    #EXTINF:130, Edith Piaf - C’est un homme terrible
    ./dtflacs/Edith Piaf/30th Anniversary/Édith Piaf - 30e anniversaire- L’Intégrale 1946–1963 - C’est un homme terrible.flac
    #EXTINF:179, Edith Piaf - Le Billard électrique
    ./dtflacs/Edith Piaf/30th Anniversary/Édith Piaf - 30e anniversaire- L’Intégrale 1946–1963 - Le Billard électrique.flac
    #EXTINF:185, Edith Piaf - Polichinelle
    ./dtflacs/Edith Piaf/30th Anniversary/Édith Piaf - 30e anniversaire- L’Intégrale 1946–1963 - Polichinelle.flac
    #EXTINF:242, Edith Piaf - Roulez tambours
    ./dtflacs/Edith Piaf/30th Anniversary/Édith Piaf - 30e anniversaire- L’Intégrale 1946–1963 - Roulez tambours.flac
    #EXTINF:153, Edith Piaf - Toi, tu l’entends pas

6. DTRetire

DTRetire New Member

Just checked ,looks like UTF-8

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You know what? It may be the apostrophes... L'Int...
    Try just one file,. replace the apostrophe with an underscore in its name, and also in the reference to it in the m3u, and see if at least it plays...
    Apostrophes, as double quotes are interpreted by the OS as string delimiters, and having them unbalanced may confuse the name parser.