LOW DIALOGUE VOLUME USING ZDMC & ZIDOO PLAYER

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by 1ll1ll1ll, May 16, 2017.

1. 1ll1ll1ll

1ll1ll1ll New Member

I have a Sony HT-NT5 2.1 channel soundbar, with HDMI passthrough active, it can decode DTS HD MA, which I always prefer when watching movies. However the dialogue volume is always too low compared to other sound effects, I know its a common issue among 2.0, 2.1, 4.1 sound systems, but anyone know how to configurate to improve the outputs?

KODI player can adjust the volume amplifier, but zidoo player doesnt have this option. But we all know zidoo player is better than kodi player.

I tried tweaking the audio settings in ZDMC's system configuration, no differences between setting 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 channels. DRC is turned off, no differences as well.

Now I can only rely on the soundbar's "voice up" and nigth mode feature to compensate, not ideal.

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    when you set passthrough, it could not adjust the volume, because it is the raw data for the X9S, then the soundbar decode it.
    so, you have to adjust the soundbar.

3. 1ll1ll1ll

1ll1ll1ll New Member

yeah, this is the only thing I can do, but not quite effective. You mean technically there is no way to resolve such problem?

4. spring

spring Guest

5. gaki

gaki Member

Yes, the problem is how your soundbar renders the sound, not Zidoo