Lost HDMI audio out put

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by zacthecat, Oct 31, 2016.

1. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

Please also see a similar posting under X6 pro

After a long delay I finally received my X9s and was so impress I immediately ordered a X8 (for a present)

However after fully setting the box up and watching one movie with a HD audio track, I turned to listening to some music. And being pleased with the new unit (after experiencing intermittent audio drop outs on the X9 pro - which I still can't get to the bottom of)

My setup is Zidoo box > Sony AV 7.1 setup > Panasonic TV (all components with lastest fw) controlled via a harmony ultimate remote.

After turning the unit off for the night and making no changes, the next day I had no audio on any app.

I plugged an old Minix H8X plus, in using the same cables etc - and it works perfectly.

I did the usual factory reset tried 4 different HDMI cables (all of which work with other components) and still nothing. Plugged in the problematic X6 pro and it decided to work perfectly until I started to update my very large library from my two Qnap NAS's and part way through I lost sound again. Took both units down to another amplifier and TV setup and still no audio on either Zidoo (however the Minix box worked - so no issues with cables, inputs, etc)

So have I managed to find the only two units with this problem?

Any help or suggestions welcomed.

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Did the audio works when you turn the AUDIO to PCM and connect to TV directly? No receiver in this case.
    Please do some similar actions by the way of elimination.

3. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    which option do you set? PCM or RAW output?
    if you set the PCM output, could you do a test, plug the X9S to the TV direct to check if it has the sound?

4. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

Thank you freeroc & spring - before posting I did try changing the settings from PCM to RAW but this did not fix the problem.

I have not tried connecting directly to the TV, but will try this when I get home tonight and will post my findings.

In both cases the initial setting were working fine. The X9s lost sound after turn off then later back on with no change to any settings, the X6 was working again after a factory reset but then lost sound again while running a library update (again with no changes being made)

I took one of my Sony AV's in for a service test on the off chance that there was an intermittent problem with the HDMI circuit. I have received notification that the unit is ready for collection as they could not find any problem.

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

And which player you used to watch movie? ZDMC or the native player?

6. zacthecat

zacthecat New Member

I use the native player if I want to go straight to a video (or music file) and ZDMC (or XBMC/Zodi/SPMC) when I want to browse or preview.

Following spring question, I connected both the X6 & the X9s directly to the TV and the audio output worked on both units - which is great.

Clearly the problem lays in the HDMI audio communication between the zidoo's and my Sony amplifiers. (STR-DA5800ES & STR-DN850) Note the same amplifiers work with no problems use older WDTV's and Minix boxes.

Do you have any thoughts? (zidoo > TV > amplifier is not practical for my setups)