Losing files from internal HD

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by 2cows, Apr 1, 2024.

1. 2cows

2cows New Member

I have just realised that i have started to lose film files from the internal hard drive that i installed in my zidoo z2600. I have lost 2 so far which is a bit worrying. I am always careful to unmount the drive before turning the player off. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this or if anyone has an idea of what is happening. I'll probably take the drive out for the time being as i don't want to lose anymore.

2. Jbmeth007

Jbmeth007 New Member

Ive had that happen a couple times on a z2000.

Luckily I have redundancy. It first showed itself when i copied a whole collection. There was a rip I thought I did since it was in my done stack. Confused, I just ripped it again. Copied it, and then it showed up. It was blatantly evident that it was happening when I knew for sure I just copied a folder over. And it did not show in the poster wall or unmatched, or the file explorer. I got concerned of missing HD space since Im using uncompressed rips. Each measuring out to 45-75Gigs each. So I went to start over. I erased all the movies using the file explorer on the zidoo. To see if space was lost. When I selected the movie folder and hit delete. It went through the process of deleting them, but the movie folder I “Just Deleted” was still showing in the file explorer. Confused as to why it is still there if I just deleted it???!?. Sure enough, when I went into that folder there was the movie I just copied over that wasnt showing previously and a couple older ones I didn’t realize were missing along with the first movie that I ripped twice. Ended up deleting those manually/individually to check on lost space. To which seems more accurate now, minus the space used for artwork/posterwall.

I dont know why they are disappearing, but I can confirm your issue is a valid issue and you are not going crazy. I am using an application now on my desktop called Pathsync. When I organize my titles using Tiny Media Manager It places the title in my redundant, utilizing the same directory structure. So when I copy movies to the Z2000 now. It goes through an analyzation process checking for missing files or size differences. It hasn't shown up recently. But I know it cant be trusted.

gymnos likes this.
  3. AJAForEver

AJAForEver New Member

Hello, I have the same issue on my UHD5000. Each files I copy on it is not visible. However The files seems to be right copied, when I try to copy the file antoher time, it tells me it will be overwritten
    Do you have a solution ?

4. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Thats an interesting one, I haven't seen it on my 2600 (1.0.75g Beta, ZDMC+Projectivy Launcher, not using stock apps if it changes anything), I have a 1Tb SSD mounted internally on an adaptor bracket and load files onto it via SMB from my unraid server (via rcopy) and windows desktop with a simple drag and drop.

I haven't run into any permissions issues or file visibility errors after going through a few hundred gigs of files, adding and removing regularly. my plan was to script it as a sort of recent media cache with a script on my server but as I find I have to reboot the zidoo nightly to avoid lockups I am holding off automating that as it would interfere.

I assume its a filesystem corruption or permissions issue?

5. gymnos

gymnos Member

This is crazy...

o_O