Logitech Harmony Remote Control

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Jupp, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Jupp

Jupp New Member

Hi folks,

as a new owner of a Z6 I struggled to control the Z6 with my harmony remote control hub.
    The device is unknown in the logitech database and learning the IR-codes via the app and hub failed.

Anyway, I just would like to let you know that I managed to learn the IR codes with the good old Windows MyHarmony app, the hub connected to my notebook via usb.

Now I am happy that I can control the device with my harmony remote and include it within my actions just like normal.

This solves the only issue I had with the Z6 so far and I'm quite pleased with it till now.

Regards,
    Jupp

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Wait. Isn't the remote Bluetooth...? What IR codes have you taught your Harmony?!?

3. Jupp

Jupp New Member

No, it's no Bluetooth remote. You can check that with your smartphone camera while pressing a button of the remote.
    I taught every button of the original remote.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is good good to hear - I'd be grateful if you can advise a step by step guide to do this, if you have the time. I have struggled with my Z8 and Harmony Elite Remote.

Thanks

5. Jupp

Jupp New Member

The only trick ist to use the desktop software instead of the mobile app. the rest is business as usual, add a device and follow the steps. there are lots of YouTube videos around about how to setup and use the software.

rozel likes this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes - I consider myself an expert using Harmony but my Z8 has been an enigma tbh. But yes I'll try again using my PC in case I haven't tried this already - my retentive and short term memories are shot lol! Thank you