Kodi first time load time is awful

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by Bluesmanuk, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

2. Adl

Adl Member

You need to wait.
    This is a player not a computer.
    Cpu is dedicated for video decoding tasks.

3. spring

spring Guest

There are have to unzip some of .so for first time,and cost some time.It can't to avoid this step,you need to wait it.

4. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I'm well aware of what it is.

It is still bad though because I have other boxes/sticks that don't take a quarter of the time to load.

It seems to indicate a very slow NAND/EMMC on board.

5. cserem

cserem New Member

Kodi behaves like this for me only after firmware upgrade, or wiping its application data.
    (both cases happen relatively rarely)
    After that, even if I turn off the device, consecutive Kodi start-ups are much faster (and of course "Preparing for first run " is not displayed in these cases)

You might have some other problem there causing Kodi to think it starts from scratch all the time.

6. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I can appreciate that for a first time run, loading Kodi will always be slower but this is ridiculously slow and I have never seen such a poor performance on any device.

It seems to indicate to me that the EMMC and/or RAM is of a very low quality, which I find backed up by the fact that as soon as you start to populate the X1 with apps it just gets slower and slower and also hotter and hotter.

For very basic use the X1 is ideal but as a combined Android/Media player is falls way short of what I would expect in comparison with other devices that would compete in the same category.

7. tibcsi0407

tibcsi0407 Member

I don't have any problems with the Kodi startup times. Have you tried reflash the X1?

8. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Yes but the initial load time is the same.

The X1 just doesn't have the power to be used as an Android device and a media player beyond a few apps.

It just grinds to a halt in too many operations and becomes unusable in any reasonable way.

For this reason I have abandoned further use and it's gone back in the box to be given away to a charity shop.

It was fun testing and giving lots of feedback which I am sure will have been invaluable to Zidoo for future development and increasing sales.

I'm now loving on to an AML S812 setup that seems to have all the right attributes to do all that I want it to.

9. Adl

Adl Member

For this price, i can wait first time loading of kodi :)

spring likes this.