Kodi 17

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Trp3383, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Trp3383

Trp3383 New Member

Kodi 17 was just release for Android. And now with android 7.0 we can get audio passthrough. Will these boxes be updated to 7.0 or could it be possible to run kodi 17 and have it default to external player to get passthough working?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they probably messed with the android official API, passtrough should work on android 6 ( most of it ) . so yah, they will need to fix the API first or update to 7 and not fu*k the API. this will probably brake other stuff , so i don't expect a fast release

3. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

You will never have native passtrought with chinese device, they never use android API. Koying alreay leave RK chipsets and other and if you asking why, because they mess all kodi by adding their own system. It is so bad when they implement somethings in resolution, subtitles turn to mess, in sound half people report revert bad things. Chipset manufacturer do not release full data on their chipset (for so long chinese copy and stole they are affraid to be copy or steal). All my phone or tablet with real android 6 or 7 have passthrought, why crippled so much android is a mystery for me. My X9S is use only to stream my cable feed to my device. My next box will be real android not chinandroid.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they messed with the API because there was no official passtrough before. they had to implement there own way . amlogic with help from minix already fixed the API mess, don't see why zidoo can't also use the oficial API

5. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Yes... I agree with HaoSs. They should focus on not messing android and go by the book. Since Google gives the passthrough option officially, they should try and implement their passthrough on that. This means official kodi (and scrap ZDMC) and the Zidoo Media Center.

My guess is that even with ZDMC, Zidoo will have issues to go from 16->17 and manage to have stability. I made a test with 17 in x9s and it is a mess, not only with HD audio.

-With passthrough on, there's no sound output. Nothing.
    -With passthrough off, all sound plays as stereo. No AC3, no DTS, no AAC5.1. Just Stereo.

This FYI and not to waste any time trying 17. At the moment, 17 is not good for anything, even simple multi channel audio codecs. So ZDMC is the only way to go. Or as I said, go by the book regarding API. I don't have high hopes for the later though.

flux1000 likes this.
  6. xtreme1

xtreme1 New Member

Sorry but IMO, Kodi 17 RC4 is awesome.... No video or passthrough problems on my home theater center. I even like ZDMC, I would check your system and setup

7. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

hi there, someone can explain (if possible), how to install Kodi 17 on x9s?
    thanks a lot

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Now that is officially released, from Google Play.
    It don't interfere with ZDMC at all.

9. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

Thanks, this is a good news.

10. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

If you have multi-channel setup, do not bother. You will waste your time.

11. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

sorry, what do you mean with multi-channel setup. I can wait for ZDMC 17, but may i try Kodi 17? Just download from google play and istall it?
    thanks

12. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

If you have 5.1 or more speakers setup.

13. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

tv speaker here :)

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

then you are fine. get kodi 17. its better then 16. i'm using 17 since alpha :)

15. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

yes, I use it on my PC, I prefer the main skin