KODI 16

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by grummel2005, Dec 30, 2015.

1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

i read that you will change to KODI 16

this is very good, but i have some suggestions:

- let it be updatable via google play or by hand or by kodi updater app
    - or let it be normal installed and via a "plugin" from your side KODI 16 is set up for zidoo-hardware
    - do not do chinese or russian bulk stuff in it - keep it clear
    - other skins possible - now it is NOT possible

maybe this will help you during the start of the developing your hardware to KODI 16

if you do this a lot of people will love your hardware - even here in germany ;)

thx in advance

2. grummel2005

what a pitty - no answer to this good hints :(

3. Buddym

Buddym Member

Communication is indeed not good. Looks like they will not improve...

4. spring

spring Guest

the kodi in the google play is the official version of kodi team, and we change the decode/passthrough for rockchip, and now the offiicial of kodi team could not accept those, because of they want to unify all android devices.
    we will keep it clear,
    thanks!

5. grummel2005

so we will get a "google play kodi 16"?
    so i understand it?!

6. Buddym

Buddym Member

What do you mean with: " We will keep it clear " ?

7. jbv

jbv Member

Hi Buddym,

You must remember the native language for the Zidoo Team is Chinese.
    Very few Chinese speak English. Those who do, do not have other people to practice with.
    Even in workplace with many English speaking people, they will always talk to each other in Chinese.
    Grammar and the way sentences are put together are totally different for the Zidoo Team, however they are doing a very good job here :)

I could be wrong, but I think spring was saying that they asked the Kodi Team to include the Zidoo enhancements into the base Kodi Package (they tried to give back to the community).
    However as the Kodi Team want to keep the Android release of Kodi as generic as possible for all Android hardware, the Zidoo Team enhancements were rejected by the Kodi Team.

Therefore, the Zidoo Team will continue to work on their own version of Kodi so that users of Zidoo products can have the best experience possible on Zidoo players.

Kodi for Zidoo will be kept "clear" (Separate) from the generic Kodi release - at request of Kodi development team.

Cheers, Brenton

8. grummel2005

okai jbv - i can understand the kodi team
    but then zidoo should do what i suggested
    take the original kodi 16 version and with an app do the features to this version - not always a separate kosi version for zidoo
    hope you understand?

9. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Maybe Zidoo should discuss with Koying to include pass-through patches for Kodi 16 into new SPMC Jarvis build.
    https://github.com/koying?tab=activity
    Then users can update Kodi/SPMC through Google Play store when a new version comes out.
    Older version on the Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.semperpax.spmc&hl=en
    Team Kodi didn't want to include Koying's Android pass-through code into Kodi 16, now he makes his own new Kodi Jarvis SPMC.
    Team Kodi wants to use a different pass-through method for all Android devices in Kodi 17.
    He can make an API for Rockchip devices' pass-through as he did for AMLogic in SPMC Jarvis
    Maybe contact him - http://forum.kodi.tv/member.php?action=profile&uid=36090

10. grummel2005

cobra good idea!

11. jbv

jbv Member

It would be very hard decision to make. The end-game for Zidoo is to provide the best experience possible for users of Zidoo media-players.

They are one of the few companies I have seen that release full source-code and provide fixes quite quickly, even though description of problems are often not detailed. When they release source-code, instead of people looking to make enhancements and fix problems to send back to Zidoo, people only ask Zidoo for help to make Zidoo versions work on players from other companies.

For Zidoo to start working with (supporting) yet another variation of Kodi would only make their task harder.

My personal view is that Zidoo are doing the right thing now. Their development team is staying with the main branch and learning about only one product. In a very short time, they will get much more familiar with it and gain more experience. This will be better for their final end-game plan, and better for us as consumers of their product.

You may find that Zidoo engineers could be looking at other peoples changes and tweaks to Kodi using links as you provided above.
    I am sure that if they find good and interesting things there, they would implement them.

Development like Zidoo has embarked on is very hard, and takes time. Customers demand everything to be fixed overnight, and everyone wants something different, sometimes this is just not possible. Players from huge corporations still have big problems after many years, and the corporations just don't fix things. So far, Zidoo seems to be way in front with response to customer issues and requests. Just give them a little time.

I think Engineering Manager of Zidoo has charted a good course.

Cheers, Brenton

Paulus likes this.
  12. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hi Brenton, I agree with you!!!

13. papiguy

papiguy Member

"Zidoo seems to be way in front with response to customer issues and requests. Just give them a little time.":
    I do agree with you.
    Communication seems to be difficult and this lead some members to claim loudly, which, as far as I know, is not the best solution to be understood by Chineese people (I experienced that during my working life). More over, the staff seems to move from one product to the other, and we should be patient.

For the time being the X9 is working correctly, without buggs and freezes. If some features need improvements, we have to keep in mind that a lot has already been made. The last example of improvement is the "Cool ZIUI".

14. grummel2005

sorry to say, but when a company makes suggestions and we buy such devices than we have a right that those devices hold what they promise.
    it is our money.
    if you buy a car and this is not running okai, then the company has problems.
    i is no matter if the device is abot 100 euro or the car about 20.000 euro.
    we tell the customer the problems they should have solved during beta-phase
    we give the money and we are the testers and then have to wait and wait and wait
    please think about it
    it is not my problem, how other people from other countries react - no one is caring how all the others react!

and the device is some months on the market so the time hab been there!

15. Buddym

Buddym Member

Absolutely true, so I think the same here in the netherlands.

16. papiguy

papiguy Member

"we buy such devices than we have a right that those devices hold what they promise.":
    Right, but you can not compare a car to an electronic device:

- when you buy a car you select possible options related to your taste and needs and you cannot change
    - when you buy an electronic device the firmware is set to provide a limited number of services. The possibility exists to extend these services, but the company needs clear, precise and understandable description of the users needs or wishes, together with time to design and test the solutions.

- there are many examples of cars having hidden defects which were discovered after months, even years, under some conditions.
    - the way for installation and use of electronic devices may be different from an user to another one, even from a country to another.
    For example 1080i is frequently used in western Europe by "content" providers (in France, Spain, Belgium,... as well as in the Netherlands), but less and less in other regions of the world where 1080p is a standard. So, bad results with records is not a defect but something to consider for further improvements.

Zidoo X9 needs improvements, but it is the case for all the electronic devices (I have a Popcorn A410 and this product, design by a company having a good reputation, needed more than 2 years to be stable. The hardware of my Popcorn failed after one year, this A410 having replaced A A210 which failed after 2 years).

In addition, when making the choice of a device, the future user has to understand the language used by the manufacturers or the retailers: "support 4K" means that 4K input will be played, but not that 4K will be recorded, "support DTS sound" does not mean that the records will provide DTS, but only that DTS will not make the device failing to play a movie with DTS. "Support" does not mean "provide".

17. grummel2005

when i make specific advertizing - this has to be in there and functioning - POINT!

18. papiguy

papiguy Member

And when you do not understand advertising, you still believe your understanding is right: SUSPENSION POINTS ;)

19. grummel2005

you are a funny guy - believe what you want ;)

Jowfox likes this.
  20. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Half of the posts in this thread has nothing to do with Kodi 16, just saying.

grummel2005 likes this.