Kodi 16.0 Bug Text

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by AlMu, Mar 8, 2016.

1. AlMu

AlMu New Member

Hi, when I start Kodi 16 my screen is what you see in the picture...
    Also the text in some addons is "corrupted" but when i scroll the list, the text become readable.
    Kodi works well with version 15.1 .
    It's normal? How i can fix it?

Attached Files:

2. spring

spring Guest

you have changed the language.
    you should change the Fonts in the kodi.
    please into kodi==>system==>appearance==>skin==>Fonts

3. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

or he/she deleted preinstalled ZDMC and installed kodi from google play - then those stuff is coming up as well - i saw it here too ...
    so delete google play kodi (or whatever you installed) and put in again zidoo zdmc

and how he/she could change language in kodi when no letters of font is shown :)

4. AlMu

AlMu New Member

First at all, tnx for your support :) .
    I'm not a noob and i think that my issue is related at firmware. Because:
    1) I've simply upgraded my kodi 15.2 with kodi 16.0 mod apk, and after with 16.0 official apk (for test), so as alway. I haven't changed any setting. Kodi 15.2 work well, Kodi higher version no.
    2) It isn't a simple bug text, i can't load homepage image and button icons!
    3) I can read some text, and some other not (see image attached)
    4) If I scroll the text, after i can read it (but anyway, i can't see/load homepage image e button icons)
    5) After firmware update (now i've last version), at first run, one time, i have had the same issue with stock browser while I was on Facebook. (text unreadable, a lot of squares)

p.s. I'm a man :D

Attached Files:

5. grummel2005

which kodi 15.2 and 16.0 did you take?
    does it came from google play or from the page of kodi.tv / downloads?

6. AlMu

AlMu New Member

15.2 Superceleron version - https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3623pdo81n353/lib#3imvdytim8t3b (work)
    16.0 official version from kodi.tv and Superceleron version (don't work)
    17.0 official version from kodi.tv (doesn't work)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  7. grummel2005

yes - that is the problem as i said in my first posting
    why you installed those versions???
    sorry @spring but you told him/her the wrong thing!
    @AlMu so you are NOT using the ZIDOO app
    you should delete those other versions you have and install then the ZIDOO ZDMC-Version
    try it and have fun :)

@zidoo support:
    here you see that a lot of people will try to use google play versions or from kodi.tv
    in future you will get a lot of support questions to this problem!!!

8. AlMu

AlMu New Member

@grummel2005 I use mod version because it has the librtmp.dll file update (very important in Kodi...) and I can't install Kodi official version or zdmc and after replace only this file because Android system, at next reboot, replace in automatic the new file with stock version. Anyway, I wouldn't use the zbmc version because, in the future, when zidoo dismiss the x6 pro support, I will remain with an old Kodi (zdmc) version. Therefore I ask zidoo to solve this issue.

9. grummel2005

yes you are fully right in my opinion and have my full support in your mind with kodi on 6, but somehow kodi play store or kodi.tv has problems with fonts - i know this and have had my own experiences on my second device, which i have here to play around :)
    but now only ZDMC will give you full suppport for hardware on "kodi-base" - sorry to tell you
    so you really have to delete the other versions and has to install ZDMC

AlMu likes this.
  10. AlMu

AlMu New Member

With new firmware the bug persists on kodi, and I have found the same text issue, one time, on the stock browser. I would someone to fix it.

Attached Files: