Keyboard commands for programming Harmony Hub?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by HDGuy, Feb 13, 2022.

1. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I set up a Harmony Hub profile for my Z9X and added a “Windows Computer” and “Microsoft Media Device” to it. Then I paired my hub to my Z9X using Bluetooth. I noticed right away that using BT commands to control my Z9X is much faster and responsive than the supplied IR remote or using IR commands with hub,

Is there a full list of equivalent keyboard mapping posted anywhere? Through trial and error I noticed that certain commands like “Info” don’t appear to have a keyboard or Microsoft Media Device equivalent (or at least I can’t figure them out).

I assume there are probably different commands for HT4.0 and the Home Screen as well?

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi - I have used the Harmony Hub with the Harmony remote since I got my Zidoo and haven't had a single problem. You are right the Bluetooth connectivity is far superior, even to my Zidoo v8 remote, which is seldom used, both in terms of response and directivity. You really need to download the "Devices" you have from the Harmony website, then setup "Activities" to control all your equipment simultaneously, although you may have already done that. When it comes to controlling Apps installed on the Zidoo, I have a cheap BT mouse - rarely, if ever, have I needed a keyboard but I have an old one which I could bring out if I ever need to.