Issues with a new X9 just received

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by xleroy, Dec 15, 2015.

1. xleroy

xleroy New Member

I've received my X9 unit in France yesterday.
    Very fine and convenient, already Updated.
    But after a while it refused to start on.
    But later on it restarted again.
    Now it does not start anymore.
    The sequence is as follows :
    Restart with telec
    X9 Display = boot
    TV = Zidoo logo
    X9 Display=Hello
    TV = 3 coloured circles
    Then nothing else on TV screen.
    X9 Display = Hello
    X9 Display = Time

I wonder if reset can be used or not and how ?

While it was running I've made made some checks :
    - X9 Kodi does not recognize *.m2ts video files, which are current for TV channels here in France.
    - I've installed someAndroid app like Es3 file explorer, Zidoo server, Firefox (your browser enforces Android virtual keyboard)
    - Usb3 key maybe causing problems.

2. papiguy

papiguy Member

- Did you try to start without any device plugged into USB slots ? For a proper boot after such an issue it is recommended to unplug all cables (HDMI in and out, and power supply).
    - Es3 file explorer is useless as a file explorer is already featured.
    - Kodi which is installed is an old version. Version 15.2 can be installed via Google play, may be this will solve the issue related to m2ts files.
    - From which network do you receive TV channels ?
    - Do you remember the release number of the firmware (v1.0.4.1 ?)

3. xleroy

xleroy New Member

Many thanks papiguy for your quick answer.
    1 - Before complete failure I've noticed that when plugging one Usb device W9 had trouble to start On. It restarted when removing it.
    2 - Ok but you know there is no notice for use in the box.
    3 - Ok but for the time being X9 is dead.
    4 - Most of my video come from TV channel Mezzo.tv which is an international one as far as I know.
    *.m2ts file work well on another Android box I currently use with 15.2 release downloaded from Kodi website.
    5 - I've checked during the few hours working with X9 that its firmware was updated with the last release.

In addition I've checked that X9 could not start neither with one external hard drive attached and nor with one Usb3 key
    I come again with my question : is there a possible solution with Reset

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

When starting to use the X9, I plugged a microsdcard of 64 Gb (while X9 cannot support over 32 GB) and problems started, up to a status where the x9 seemed to be dead. After removing all cables as here above mentioned, waiting about 30 seconds, the X9 started and worked well up to now. Two other X9 bought afterwards and with which I did not make the same error, are still working fine.

I am afraid there is a jam with firmware releases, I have V1.0.3.9 and cannot find any further version on zidoo's website. Some X9 recently bought are fitted with v1.04.1., according to their owners.
    I wrote question to the Develpment Team and I am still waiting an answer.

If the X9 does not start again after applying the a.m. procedure, you could try a reset. I suggest you download v1.0.3.9 firmware and install it after starting
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/x9_otaZIDOO_X9_v1.0.3.9_ota.zip
    Copy the file on an USB pendrive and use the local updating

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

If you can't boot the unit try to boot in recovery. Turn off the device with the back switch then use a paper clip to push in the small hole reset at the same time you turn on the switch. Wait until the 5 seconde pass, then choose restore from menu. It will restore the box at factory setting.

6. xleroy

xleroy New Member

Thanks to papiguy and Sarco. Thanks to your comments I have succeeded to restart my X9...a first time (with 1.0.3.9)
    But when I started it later I had exactly the same problem. The boot starts and stops rapidly after the 3rd cicle.
    Then I have tried with an older version (1.0.3.8) and I had exactly the same.
    During my run I tried to load Kodi directly from Google Play Store. The Ziddo logo is still present...and *.m2ts don't work.
    I suppose that I should unnistall X9 Kodi, then download a "standard Kodi" .
    But for now I can do nothing with my X9 ..

7. Sarco

You can try to boot in recovery again and wipe data/factory reset. Maybe something wrong with old data. OTA do not remove old config file.

8. xleroy

xleroy New Member

Thanks Sarco. I've tried all actions you mention without result
    Boot process stops just after displaying the 3rd circle of the boot process, just arrived at the "green circle" sequence.
    Can we know which is the corresponding boot phase of the 4th circle (few seconds after start).
    Wipe and clean changes nothing for the time being.

9. Sarco

I can only recommand to apply mstar.bin process with nothing plug into X9. I read on some forum to allow at least 30 minutes with no power or anything plug in before do it so. And wait 30 minutes after reboot for system setup. Use a small thumb drive (4Gb) . When all that had been done, try update via zidoo menu (yes one by one). Since new device come with a firmware not available it could be possible that some change had been made in hardware so maybe Zidoo service could explain, but has you can see no more support is offer for X9 since august.