ISO files for Zidoo uhd3000

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Drummerboy1962, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Hi all, I am copying a uhd movie to my windows pc and will then transfer it to my Zidoo uhd 3000. I am copying Full disc as an ISO file. Do I save it as a movie file or image file using DVD Fab12. What’s the difference?

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Well I have one ISO file on my UHD3000, from memory I used IMGBurn to make the ISO file and just copied it over to one of my hdd's in the UHD3000. ISO is actually an image of the disc. I don't use DVDFab so can't comment on that.

Drummerboy1962 likes this.
  3. Thanks Netmask,this is how my iso was saved on my Pc in documents . I am green to media players and this is my first. What folder should I copy to the Zidoo.

Attached Files:

4. Netmask

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  5. Did you format your HDD via your Zidoo or a PC. I have finally received my 10TB HDD and have placed it into the "Zidoo 3000 drive bay 1" and went straight to storage and i then i get a list of folders but no option to format the drive to NTSF. Do i need to get my computer to talk to my Zidoo via wifi before i format my drive via the Zidoo. I tried to format via pc but backed out as in disc management it was only showing so much drive space and not the full 10tb. Is the idea to format it as a single partition. I am lost

6. Netmask

You go to File Manager and then navigate to an entry marked UNKNOWN, this will be your new 10TB drive. You will get a message about formatting it. “Storage” refers to the onboard 32GB eMMC device. The Zidoo will format it as NTFS as a single partition and I’m assuming it automatically does it as GPT otherwise the capacity of the disc wouldn’t be utilised. Same on a PC unless you select in disc management GPT you won’t get the full capacity and be limited to around 2TB. So storage is internal eMMC. The hdd called Zidoo is my #1 drive and unknown is an unformatted hdd in the #2 tray. HDD symbol is the same as USB symbol in case you were wondering.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  7. OK thanks Netmask. When i went into file manager i could not see UNKNOWN so i took out the drive(after power off) and did it on my PC, GPT + NTFS. I also named it "4K MOVIES". I loaded the drive into the Zidoo again and now i can see my drive. Do i need to format it again in Zidoo? IMGP2912.JPG IMGP2913.JPG

8. Netmask

No! if you formatted it in the PC, its done!.

9. OK thanks. Well i have finally put my first movie onto the drive and played it back with success. I just have to learn how to add Dolby Atmos logo to the poster wall of "A Bugs Life" and also find a way to playback REC 2020 colour. I gather it will be in the settings somewhere. I compared the movie playback to my Panasonic UB9000 via JVC NX7 Projector and the Zidoo did a fantastic job against the Panasonic. The Pana was slightly better for sound and video but in the Zidoo's defence i am still to do some more tweeking in settings. Overall i am pretty happy with it. If i never had the pana ub9000 to compare it too then i would not have noticed as far as picture goes. Subwoofer and audio in general is much more in your face with the Panasonic. Will take some screen shots tomorrow and do some more tinkering. Your help was great and a big thanks to you for getting back to me.