Is There a Way to Reorder TV Series Episodes Differently from What Is Scraped?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by khollister, Feb 22, 2023.

1. khollister

khollister Member

Is there any way to change the episode display order/sequence to something other than what TMDB or TVDB lists? I am specifically talking about Firefly, where the air sequence was not what the writer/creator intended.

JohnG likes this.
  2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Other than renaming each file so the original firefly S01E01.mkv would become say firefly S01E07.mkv I'm not aware of any HT method.
    I wouldn't attach an ep name as that might confuse HT into thinking it's a Movie if it happens to have the same name.
    I would make up a simple spreadsheet with original details and there new identity so you can get back to normal.

3. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Wait wait wait. You can easily change this. All you need to do is do a long press on the folder in the media view, and go to "re-match." Then you can move the eps around as you see fit. I did this multiple times because I had to correct/manually match like 70% of my TV shows since HT 4.0 wasn't able to scrape them properly.

That being said....HT 4.0 will still show the wrong episode names/descriptions. I haven't found any way to get it to realize that you moved something around. In terms of just episode numbers, you can easily change things around if you need to.

4. FredrikM

FredrikM New Member

I fixed this by doing as Jimbo said, butt I created a season 99 with my own order.

5. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Yea HT 4.0 isn't as flexible as Plex unfortunately but I still prefer HT 4.0. It seems more stable overall.