Is it bad to leave the dmp a-8 on all the time?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Barry1969, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Hello Eversolo lovers,

I still enjoy the dmp a-8 every day. Sound quality is excellent and streaming usability top notch.
    Only miss a balance adjustment. And the ticks through the speakers when turning on are annoying.

but now I don’t turn it off anymore. Maybe once a week I turn it off for the night but 6 days a week I leave it on.
    I even sometimes think that it sounds even better when warm.

would that be bad for the longevity of the device? Also my power amplifier class d purifi is always on.

I hope these devices last for 10 years.

anybody an opinion or knowledge about this?

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It's always a good idea to turn the device off when not in use, maybe considering that you'll be listening to it 3 / 4 hours a day... (it will enjoy a good 20 at rest)
    Then, for the ticks when powering on... the speakers (or power amp in your case) should be the LAST thing you power on. This will mean:
    1. power on the A8
    2. power on the power amplifier
    If your amp is done the proper way, you should now hear no click / pop through the speakers.

_Richard_ and Purité Audio like this.
  3. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Thanks Nutul,
    I will turn it off then……

but my power amp switches with the 12v trigger, so no control over that.

the tics are not damaging for the speakers but is annoying for a 20.000 euro/dollar system.

Nutul likes this.
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

My 1K USD set of active subwoofer + active monitors do not click / pop when turning them on (I cannot remember how the circuitry is named, but does some soft powering of the amp inside the speakers, and you kear nothing from them, not even a hiss).
    I bet your many-K amp should be able to do that. Or better: it should definitely do that, IMO. Otherwise it's bad design.

Just for curiosity, could you try to remove the trigger and do the procedure manually? A8 -> on, and after a couple of seconds power-amp -> on, just to see if, for example, the trigger is too fast.

_Richard_ likes this.
  5. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Tried it:
    No tics when the dmp-a8 is starting up, one minuscule tic barely noticeable from tweeter when turning on the Audiophonics purifi power amp.

6. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

When I turn on the dmp-a8 with the power amp on the 12v trigger there is one pretty loud tic through the speakers.
    At the end of the start-up cycle.

7. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

Active speakers here, through one pair there is the click but it appears to remain at the same volume despite the actual output, through another pair ( of active speakers) nothing.
    I leave mine ‘on’ from the rear of the unit but ‘power down’ each evening from the app.
    Keith