Internal App Still Better

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Jan 3, 2023.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I got a ATV+ subscription a long while ago and used my C9 Internal app to watch the show SEE S1 and was blown away by the picture quality. I then got a Roku Ultra and decided to watch the same show but something was off. Comparatively, the picture seemed dim overall and just wasn't hitting that sweet spot and a lot of banding so I retuned the Roku.

Then after a while, I got Nvidia Shield hoping I will use it for streaming but same issue occurred on its ATV+ app. DV Picture was dimmer compared to the C9 app and not as vibrant. I decided to keep using C9 for all streaming. You can see where this is going.

Now for sh**s and giggles, I tried the highest bitrate copy of the same show and even diff. episodes and Z9X plays the same dimmer DV picture quality. None of the devices can reproduce the colors and brightness of the C9. This has me questioning whether all content I'm watching through Z9X is dimmer in comparison to something like streaming.

If someone has access to both, I would be curious to know what they think. I know PQ can be quite subjective but its an instant noticeable difference between C9 and others on all episodes of SEE. I also took a quick glance at LOTR show on amazon last night and want to say its the same thing for that show but want to do more A/B testing before I can make that comparison in full confidence so it may not just be related to the ATV+ app either.

For reference, Z9X is connected directly to C9 and so were the previous devices.