Install applications on the micro SD card

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by pepeburro, Jan 23, 2018.

1. pepeburro

pepeburro New Member

Hi. Can anyone tell me how the applications are installed on the micro SD card on the Zidoo X8?

As this device has very little internal memory, I have filled it quickly and I have put a micro SD card. But I can not install the applications on it.

Thank you.

2. Flinstone

Flinstone New Member

Not working, but if you are interested i can give you a workaround how to use a sd card for kodi storage.

3. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

Yes please . I would like to use the sdcard with Kodi or ZDMC

4. Flinstone

Flinstone New Member

Ok, here we go... this is how i did it and its working for me.(zdmc)

First format your sd for external use and make sure it availeble in android settings and if you see it in device list (left arrow and make sure "show hidden files is checked".
    In explorer go to sd card (left arrow) and create new folder called "kodi_data"
    Then back to Device list , goto Storage, Android -> data -> com.zidoo.zdmc -> files
    There you see the original .kodi folder
    press submenu and choose copy
    Then go back to sd card and goto just made kodi_data folder and paste into that folder.
    While copying write down the sdcard name you see in the popup box, its different name than from device list, we need it next. (looks like A23R-AT2W or similar)

Now on your computer create a file with a text editor and add the following line

xbmc.data=/storage/****-****/kodi_data

replace ****-**** with the sd cards name you wrote down earlier.

save this file as xbmc_env.properties

NO extensions only .properties !!

copy this file to nas or usb

into explorer copy this file to main storage .(left arrow storage)
    It should be found at the bottom of android, movies , downloads etc

restart your box and check if movie data ect is writing to sd card.
    If yes you can delete Original .kodi folder .

Good luck.

5. Allan Munro

Allan Munro New Member

i dont think i am that good with programming there must be a way to put it into the 17.6 ZDMC into the update file i can find it in the apk file but it tells me that there is no app installed is there no way to install the app in the ZDMC and then load the update ?

6. Allan Munro

Allan Munro New Member

["Allan Munro, post: 37041, member: 18199"]i dont think i am that good with programming there must be a way to put it into the 17.6 ZDMC into the update file i can find it in the apk file but it tells me that there is no app installed is there no way to install the app in the ZDMC and then load the update ?[ or why cant they just install the app in the 17.6 apk update