Improvement proposals

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Tore Carstensen, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Tore Carstensen

Tore Carstensen New Member

I have tried the A6 for two weeks no, and is very satisfied, but have some wishes:
    1. Display the Music Title when playing from Internet Channels. This information is in the stream already.
    2. When using Remote control, the
    Source icons and text are too small on the screen. Make them bigger, please.
    3. Make it possible to select no
    VU meter.
    Hope to see these changes in the next update.

2. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

Easy fix by the user. Just don't tap on the VU icon. Then no meter is displayed. ;) No firmware upgrade needed to resolve this "issue".

3. Tore Carstensen

Does not work. When push Info on the Remote control, VU-meter is coming up in every mode of the VU Icon.

4. Alan Rutlidge

Unfortunately this is a "design feature" of the DMP-A6 remote control. Once again I suggest you don't push the section of the ring button marked with the i symbol on the remote control if you don't want to toggle the display. I fully appreciate that during operation it is possible to accidentally press this button, but to return to the normal screen all on has to do is to press it again (perhaps several times depending on what screen you are currently viewing) to return to the default playing screen.

So under V1.2.50 firmware the i function on the remote control works the following way :-

----> Default playing screen (the one you last chose to view) ----> VU meter displaying sampling rate (displaying your last chosen VU meter mode) ----> VU meter full screen ----> Home screen ---> back to the default playing screen.

I rarely use the VU meter or spectrum display of my DMP-A6 as I consider these to be gimmick features but I seriously doubt eversolo will disable these functions in a future version of the firmware.

Tore Carstensen likes this.
  5. Tore Carstensen

I agree they are gimmick features.
    I now use the right key for changing display.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  6. Tore Carstensen

Remote Control again:
    When tapping PN button, the spectrum is coming twice. I want to disable showing spectrum and VU-meters.
    Why not give the Remote Control Smart functions, as a TV control?

7. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I would really like that the (*) button [middle right] switches between different displays (VU, EU, Details etc).
    I think it is much more intuitive if (i) shows the artist page and (down) goes to the next album of the same artist. (I understand that the GUI does not have a "cursor" so any up/down/enter movement a'la firestick will be difficult to make.)

BTW - if you use Windows, you can have a remote for free using my remote control application. And, yes, this also allows selekting music tracks, too.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  8. Alan Rutlidge

Just to clarify the characteristics of the specific (BTR-12) handheld remote control for the DMP-A6, DMP-A6ME and the DMP-A8.
    The power ON/OFF function uses IR (like most remote controls use). All other functions are sent via BT. That's why you need to pair your remote control to your DMP-A6 before you can use all the functions on it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  9. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

I’m trying to setup a Logitech Harmony 650 remote, The BT remote cycles through the inputs, with the iOS app you can select an input directly. Have you, or anyone else, any experience with that. That is can a harmony remote set the inputs directly?

10. Alan Rutlidge

I don't have a Harmony remote so I haven't tried it. Food for thought though should I ever acquire one.