I cant get 4k Signal with Zidoo

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Cemo, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Cemo

Cemo New Member

Hello

I just bought a zidoo x9s ( firmware 1.4.12)

My display is Sony VW260ES 4K Projector with 15 meter Fiber Optic HDMI Cable (Ruipro). There is no av reciever, cable is directly into Projectors hdmi in and zidoo s hdmi out.

I tested my hdmi cable with Oppo 203 and it works great without problem with 3840*2160p signal.

But I cant get 4K Signal with Zidoo X9S

When I click display settings I choose 3840 2160 But It always Choose Auto and sends a 1080p/24 signal.

Any help will be great

Thank you

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

You need to do the process of elimination to figure out where the problem is...

1. need to confirm that zidoo can operate with your sony in 4K by using traditional hi-speed HDMI cable

2. Your optical cable is essentially intermediate translator going from electrical to optical back to electrical, not sure if it is a case of the English language with a Scottish and a Irish that got something lost in their native tongue, some may be able pick up their accents, some not.

In my case with Zidoo drive 4K to my TV is an adventure in its own right, finally found a premium cable with 18Gbps to get 4K in its full glory on my TV.

My two cents

Cemo likes this.