HT4 - TV shows with one season show Season 1 in title and ignore poster.jpg / How to rename titles?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Franconian, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I moved from Ember Media Manager to TMM Pro, rescraped all my TV shows from scratch and gave HT another chance.

I noticed, that TV shows that only contain one season (or exist with no seasons) have the following anomaly:

a) They add 'Season 1' after the title on the TV show
    b) They completely ignore the main cover poster.jpg and use the season01-poster.jpg as cover in the wall

See this example of two TV shows:

Unbenannt.JPG

It does not matter if there is a Season 1 subfolder or if all the files are in the main folder of the TV show.

Is this intended? I know how to change the cover to the correct one but how do I rename the titles?

Note: Everything is scraped perfectly and everything else works fine.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

As long as your tv show is supposed to have more than one season according the datas from TMDb and TVDb, and that you only have one of these seasons, you will have this behaviour.

What I do in this situation, it’s to add the season to a collection (you will find the name of the show in the list), to get the main poster and the official name of the show on the posterwall. Then, you will find your season inside, just like when you have more than one season. Maybe not the best solution in that case, but that works.

3. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

But this happens with shows that only have one season, like Bebop in my picture or new series where nobody knows if there will be another season.

https://thetvdb.com/series/cowboy-bebop#seasons

Is it not possible just to edit the title manually and delete the Season 1 lettering?

4. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I just found out about the web interface over IP.

But when I click on edit on a TV show all I get is a white window with a spinning circle that never ends.

@Sledgehamma You always know something, can you help maybe?

EDIT: OK I found the reason. The spinning cicle only comes with series with only one season. The other series you can edit - but only covers! When it comes to movies you can edit everything.

Movie:
    9F5ECAF0-BF4C-433E-A3BD-095DD0DDEC71.jpeg
    TV show with several seasons:
    F9347ECB-51FB-4A25-A737-A5B3C5CC7B59.jpeg
    TV show with one season:
    9EFEFFD8-D1D7-4EDA-B850-6C196ED193C5.jpeg

Why? I just want to remove 'Season 1' because it looks ugly.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I know, there Season handling for single season TV Shows is horrendous. People ask all the time to allow single season shows to show up like all the others, but they rather can't grasp the concept or don't care. I have mentioned this 4 or 5 times in the last 2 years and get ignored every time.

Franconian likes this.
  6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

That’s because the TV and especially TVDB as the source is currently broken. Hopefully the next firmware will address the problem. Also @Markswift2003 remarked the webUI is being worked on. If you use TMDB as the source for tv shows you generally can edit in the webUI.

Franconian likes this.
  7. Nicholas Hewitt

I get season 1 posters with all my single-season shows using TMDB it's a zidoo bug! Also, this bug only happens on the zidoo using the built-in HT app. it has been happening for a while and never gets fixed after 2 years I complain. Also the same for TVDB showing Season 1 after the show name. I brought this up 2 years ago but they are too busy adding features nobody asked for. Don't get me wrong they are doing a great job, just wish they would fix the serious things instead of stuff like weather and such.... that nobody needs. But serious issues like episode naming for multi-episode files which leave gaps in your library cause episodes are missing and can't be added properly, get ignored over and over. I have prob 25 popular shows that go from episode 1 to episode 3 and so on cause a lot of shows from 1986 - 2010 have Blu-ray releases that merge more than 1 episode together cause they are a 2 or 3-part event. every other media app does this already and has for 10 or 12 years. but I guess Chinese shows don't have that problem so they can't grasp the concept.

Actually, the bug with TMDB is it's showing the Season 1 Art for a complete series that's a single season. Even if I go to change the art, it only shows season 1 art for available choices.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Franconian likes this.
  8. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I don't use HT4 for TV shows... movies only for me.... but, I do have just a few series that I have on my ZDMC .... one of which is the TV series of the U.S. version of The Office ..... and it has several double episodes which ripped to one file. I wasn't aware of a way to name it in such a way for Kodi to recognize one file as 2 episodes.... so I simply used MKV Toolnix to separate the file into 2 separate files and named them accordingly. I would assume in lieu of a "correct fix?" that this may work for HT4 as well?

9. Nicholas Hewitt

You're supposed to name a multi episode file like this "ShowName S01E01S01E02.MKV" that way it recognizes the multi file as two episodes and shows them as two different episodes in you library. Zdmc would recognize this naming convention without having to split the file into two episodes. Same with every other media library app, Plex, emby, kodi. They all do this and have for at least 10 years. Zidoo and it's HT are the only one that does not do this. They have no way to show multi-epsiode files properly, leaving gaps in peoples libraries.