HT4 issues with genres and rematching

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Six66Mike, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Genres: Why are there so many duplicates and how can they be cleaned up? How can they be displayed A-Z?

Rematch: Why aren't the years or other identifiers available in the WebUI to match movies? In the example provided it's a crapshoot to getting it right.

Rematch: If Zidoo picks up content from the Movies folder as an Episode, when you rematch, why doesn't it work? Do I have to move the content to a different share and identify there with the other TV shows instead of leaving it where it is? i.e. made for TV movies like 1985 Alice in Wonderland.

I'm on FW 6.4.42.

Attached Files:

2. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Apparently the genre duplication should be considered a bug in HT4. How do I formally report a bug?

3. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

The response I got from support doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

For multiple duplicate genres, it is recognized by scraping automatically, which cannot be removed or ranking by A-Z unfortunately

The genres are scraped from files in hard drive, which cannot be removed.

Currently it [duplicate genres I presume?] cannot be removed and sort yet, engineers will check if it can be achieved in the future.

I'm not aware of any metadata in my video files that indicate genre, and I thought all metadata was scrapped via TMDB? Surely I can't be the first person to have a mess of genres, or thought A-Z sorting of them made sense?

Shouldn't engineers be looking into avoiding duplicates rather than removing them?

4. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I had the same problem before and the only fix for me was to wipe the database and rescraped the entire collection with TMDB as the only source. Based on looking at the SQLite database in HT4 backup file, the duplicate genres are from the second metadata source (e.g., TV Maze).

Six66Mike likes this.