HT4 Bug: TV Episodes Pull Actors from Wrong Table

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by AngryVirginian, Nov 16, 2022.

1. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I have noticed for a while now that TV shows have been showing wrong cast info. See examples from the first two pictures below. I recently added Frozen Planet II and realized that the cast shown were from the movie Blood Work (2002) - see picture 3. This caused me to have a suspicion that HT4 was pulling cast info from the wrong database table. So, I grab the Zidoo HT4 backup file and began to investigate by using SQLiteStudio.

The EPISODE_INFO looks to be the DB table that stores TV show episodes. I queried it in picture 4 to filter for Frozen Planet II. The STARTS column seems to be for main cast that supposed to appear throughout the season. THE ACTORS column seems to be for guest stars that appear only in that specific episode. See IMDB link for the show.

BUG #1: The STARTS and ACTORS columns contain the same exact data (see picture 4 below). One should be for recurring cast and one should be for guest cast for that specific episode. So, I feel there is a bug in the scraping code here.

BUG #2: when the cast info is pulled for display, the STARTS column is pulling from the CAST_INFO table which seems to be cast information for movies. See picture 5 below. The highlighted rows are actors from the movie Blood Work (2002). The ACTORS column is correctly pulling data from the GUEST_STAR_INFO table. See picture 6 below. So, the bug here is that the STARTS column is pulling data from the wrong table.

I hope this makes sense. Also, I use TMDB as the only source for both movies & TV shows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

It is worse if you use TVDB...

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I can confirm this as well. I dragged out of my archive hdd Logun's Run TV series for a friend and copied it over to my UHD3000. HT found the entries quite quickly including all the correct images and episode synopsis, however the cast and director list it threw up was hilarious, actors who had died in the early 1950's and a couple of current child actors. I was using TMDB, so I tried TVDB and TVMaze and the same problem except no background images or any actors in the case of TVMaze. Movies seem to be OK. Also the same on a current TV series from Netflix "Smiley" synopsis and images correct but no actors or directors. checked on TMDB and they were all listed, well they only credit the 4 main actors.

4. Netmask

The backup file has a .ztb extension, how do you load this into SQLiteStudio ? It's 25 years since I last mucked about with databases so I'm feeling my way. I'd appreciate some assistance.

5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I just renamed the file to .zip IIRC.

Netmask likes this.
  6. Netmask

I think I just had a "duh" moment. Thanks that worked.

AngryVirginian likes this.