HT4.0 not recognising my mkv file

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Valkyrie2407, May 31, 2023.

1. Valkyrie2407

Valkyrie2407 New Member

Hello all,

I am using zidoo Z10pro and recently encounter a strange problem with one of my movie mkv file. HT4.0 doesnt recognise the media and as a result it doesnt show in the "source" of the HDD drive. It also doesnt listed the movie in "unmatch" so basically it is like invisible to HT4.0

Using media center file manager, i can see the media and along with the poster. No issue in playback as well. Any idea how do i enable HT4.0 to read and recognise back the file?

Method tried
    1. Renaming the media file.
    2. Copying to another HDD and rescan

Please advise if you ever encounter such issue before. Any suggestions is welcome. Thank you.

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

It would be kind of helpful if you provided the original name of the file and what you renamed it to... Was it a file that you had deleted from HT4 before? Does the file have the any part of the keyword "demo" in it? Or any other words that you have told HT4 to ignore?

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Go into Media Manager and look for it there, if it is there, click play and you can select to either play video or view poster. Select view poster. If a poster page with details of the movie is displayed, then play the movie for at least 4 to 5 minutes, exit and take a look in HT. This has worked for me on a couple of occasions. Also post a full MediaInfo report (text mode so you can copy and paste).

4. Valkyrie2407

Valkyrie2407 New Member

Yes the file have the "demo" keyword in it. I have rename it and now it is working. Thank you so much.

Netmask likes this.